Hatsan air bottle

I bought a new hatsan carbon fiber bottle and had a few questions. First in the manual it say tighten the valve into the bottle to no more then55ft lbs. The valve has nowhere to put a wrench so I assume hand tighten. 2nd to fill the bottle it has a male end to attach a foster fitting. With that do I have to open any valves to let air in or does it have a check valve that let's in air on its it's own.

download.png
1582493222_11144642095e52ee261d4625.38773550_20200223_152644.jpg

Reactions: Rasberryrl
Very interesting valve, it looks like Hatsan's version of the Ninja EZ valve. If indeed that is the case that male foster fitting is a check valve and you can fill the bottle directly without opening the valve. I own the Ninja EZ valve/90 cu-in bottle and the valve/setup look nearly identical minus the style of pressure gauge.

I like this style of fill system because you don't have to fill through the valve you can fill directly into the bottle. It also eliminates the need to do a pressure equalization mating dance between the compressor and the receiving bottle.

Reactions: Rasberryrl
Nick,

Can you post a photo of the label on the tank? Specifically what I am interested in is if it has a DOT certification number.

Did you get your fill problem figured out? I was assuming the same as LMNOP that you just needed to hook up to the male foster nipple on the valve and fill it up but I guess that is not the case.

Thanks,

Chip

I have figured it out to fill you just pug on the male foster and fill no fuss on that I will try to get a pic up of the DOT cert later.

Good stuff, looks like Hatsan's version of the Ninja EZ Valve which is a cakewalk. From a price aspect I'm a bit surprised:

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/tactair-1-6l-cf-tank-w-valve/

$359 for an unknown origin bottle versus $399 for the Ninja US-made. I was hoping the price point would be $259-$300 and I'd pick one up. I'm on Alibaba now trying to see if I can find the valve because that style is absolutely my favorite.

Oh nice, thank you for that link, that's a good price point. Is the paint just Hatsan's version of painting over an epoxied resin CF bottle or is it the actual protective coat giving up? With regard to the bleed valve what is the bleed process? With the Ninja EZ Valve you have a rest position (valve off), turn it to slow fill, and then when you return it to the rest position it self bleeds. Sounds like it's a two-process system with the Hatsan? Open the black top valve to fill (is it slow fill?), close the valve, and bleed the line with the chrome side valve?

Sorry for the tons of questions I am legitimately considering this purchase so I'm trying to lean on your tactile and first hand experience. The manual evidently is wrong since it's talking about opening the valve to fill so I don't have a lot to lean on.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the link! GUess if the paint is scratching off we can find out true DOT, CE, and bottle manufacturer, lol.

Oh nice, thank you for that link, that's a good price point. Is the paint just Hatsan's version of painting over an epoxied resin CF bottle or is it the actual protective coat giving up? With regard to the bleed valve what is the bleed process? With the Ninja EZ Valve you have a rest position (valve off), turn it to slow fill, and then when you return it to the rest position it self bleeds. Sounds like it's a two-process system with the Hatsan? Open the black top valve to fill (is it slow fill?), close the valve, and bleed the line with the chrome side valve?

If you really like the Ninja bottle with the EZ valve there is a 'lightly used' one on Ebay for $310 but also has a 'make offer' available. Born on date of 8/18, so less than 2 years old. Who knows, might be able to buy it for something less than $300. Search for "ninja ez 90/4500" and it will pop up.

Absolutely, I'm a huge fan of the 90 cu-in bottle I have. Not to mention fill time goes from minutes to seconds. I can refill my rifles in about 30 seconds if even that long. And I'm talking hooking up the hose, moving the bottle into position, etc.

The smaller bottles are pretty easy on the compressor duty cycle too. I can get about 5 fills out of mine to 230 bar (I tend to fill to 230 bar instead of 250 bar).

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I needed to read. I just got this Hatsan 1.6 litre bottle in a package deal and I wasn't sure if I needed to open the valve or not to fill it. I guess I do. I'm sure to the more experienced shooters who have all the gadgets and gear this is a no brainer, but this is my first bottle, so just like filling my PCP rifles is second nature now, someday filling the bottle will be the same. 

Also, both gauges go to 6, but filling should be up to 4500 PSI, not all the way full, so that's good to know, as well. 

EDIT : So, I went to fill my Hatsan tank today and I'm not sure what to do. When I opened the valve, the whip went crazy like a car wash air filled buddy, so I closed it and saw nothing happen. I'm not sure how to fill my 1.6l bottle from my Yong Heng safely and correctly.