• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

hatsan adjustment

Your description is a bit vague but I believe you are referring to the hammer spring adjuster lock screw. You loosen it and then from the backside of the action you can adjust the hammer spring tension. There are a few screws under there but I think that is what you are talking about. On mine I believe it is a gold color.

Hello. I have the same question, I think. My "lock screw only seems to turn less than 1/4 turn. Is that seem correct? After that do I shove an Allen key down through the lock screw to adjust. The screw I'm talking about is part # 3963. Any way you could help a dude out please?

From what I remember the lock screw is underneath and the hammer spring adjuster is accessed through the back of the action.

I don’t remember the point of 3963. I think the adjuster is 3900. You would have to go through 3963 with an Allen to adjust 3900. The set screw for 3900 is underneath. I believe part 4984. Loosen that then 3900 can be adjusted. For this gun it’s opposite normal. Lefty loosy to increase hammer tension. Righty tighty to decrease.

Last edited:
What is the screw behind the gauge on the Hatsan Hydra for ?

Which screw are you talking about? Could you post the number from the exploded view?
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Which screw are you talking about? Could you post the number from the exploded view?
View attachment 351417
I forgot to mention the numbers I posted were from this diagram. Pretty sure the number he posted to was as well. The screw Mcnasty is picturing just holds the stock on. I don’t have the gun anymore or I would take pics.

If memory serves me correct the set screw on mine didn’t look like a set screw/grub screw at all. It was a regular Allen screw with a round head on it.

He probably means screw 2374.
I asume it us for bleeding the airtube when you want to make repairs.
I belive you are correct. 2374 is the one in picture below. It seems to be a screw with an o-ring and one of those spacer discs with a hole in it.
I'd assume it's for bleeding air or holding in the pressure gauge.

1.jpg

"Hello. I have the same question, I think. My "lock screw only seems to turn less than 1/4 turn. Is that seem correct? After that do I shove an Allen key down through the lock screw to adjust. The screw I'm talking about is part # 3963. Any way you could help a dude out please?"

3963 is the screw for swapping barrels if I'm not mistaken. It's there to lock the barrel in place from the looks of it. No idea how tight it should be but it probably shouldn't turn when you fire the rifle. So I'd guess a snug fit is ok, if you can wiggle the barrel block then I'd assume it to be too loose.
2.png

1.png

3.png

Hydra manual pdf