• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan 95 Vortex

I like the H&N Field Target Trophy 19.91gr (top target) and the H&N Baracuda 31.02gr pellets (lower target). Both are 5-shot groups. This target was from a couple of days ago in my basement range at 38'. My Hatsan 95 Vortex .25 cal gun was broken in with H&N pellets, and and hasn't seen anything else. Squirrels don't stand a chance against this gun & pellet combo.

IMG_3893.jpg

Here is the chronograph data taken about 3 months apart for these pellets in the Hatsan 95 Vortex .25 cal, It appears it's settled in, but I'll chrony it in another couple of months after hunting season.

Hatsan%2025%20cal%20Crony%20data%20082815.jpg

I think you made the correct choice with the 22 for squirrels.

I have a Winchester 850 which is a rebranded Hatsan 95 and mine likes the JSB 15.89 best with the JSB 18.13 as second best by enough of a margin I shoot the 15.89's

While each gun can be different, it may be worth it to check out the JSB's.

Congrats on the new rifle. From all I have heard and from my copy, they shoot accurately.

Im taking my Hatsan 95 Vortex .22 out for some squirrel action tomorrow, so I compared the CPHP pellets to the H&N FIeld Target Trophy with the following results. Guess which pellet will be taken in the morning? LOL

image_4.jpeg

Here is some Chronograph data I've charted comparing three .22 cal guns I own. Hope this helps with your selection. Personally, I would use round tip pellets to zero in your scope. If you're using the Optima scope, don't be surprised if it starts acting erratic. I have four dead Optima scopes that came on my Hatsans, and have replaced a couple of them already with Center Point scopes with adjustable objective.

Genesis%20vs%20Trail%20NP%20vs%20Hatsan%2095.jpg
[/url][/IMG]