Hatsan 44 Regulators Did they

Huma. I have one in my AT44 .22 short. It is very easy to install. Came with spare o-rings. Very consistant. I had tuned mine for shot count (short version / small air cylinder). 15.89 JSB, 40 shots @ 806 fps avg - extreme spread of 9 fps - standard deviation of 2 - 3200psi fill. I just retuned it for 18.13 JSB's - 30 shots @ 802 avg - ES of 10 fps - SD of 2. Huma, best thing I have done for this air gun.

I do not have a output psi tester for the regulator but it is pretty close tt this:

117 bar for 15.89 JSB @ 806

120 bar for 18.13 JSB @ 802

I do have the hammer spring preload in balance with the reg so that the velocity stays within the extreme spread for a few shots after the gun drops off the reg. A couple of these "off the reg" shots are included in the 40 and 30 shot counts but there are another 2-3 "extra" shots that are not included in the counts. I tune my guns to match the magazine's pellet capacity with an extra couple shots to account for things like cold weather, firing a blank, ect..

Definitely - accuracy first. Good luck and have fun tuning your Hatsan. Get a chronograph if you don't already have one - only way to know what your airgun is doing. One more tid-bit, I also did the firing valve modification (plug five holes and enlarge the sixth). There is also a mod to keep the hammer spring preload screw from moving. Drill a hole in the adjustment screw (near the end) the diameter of string trimmer line. Insert a piece of trimmer line into the hole and cut it off flush with the threads. When you thread it back into the hammer the piece of trimmer line will keep the screw from moving. Works similar to a nylon lock nut.