Hatsan Hatsan 135QE - Spring Conversion Kit

I’ve been keeping in touch with HatsanUSA. My 135 Vortex Ram died a while back and I have been wanting to convert it from a gas ram to spring. I know several other members who have expressed this same interest. HatsanUSA just got some in. They shipped mine right out. Ordered it Tuesday and it arrived today. $39.95 plus $9 shipping. I’m looking forward to the conversion and tuning. They have been difficult to get so who knows how long they will be available. The kit includes: spring, spring guide, two washers, receiver cap.
98D399C7-A0C0-4FDE-AD2E-230AEC8D8A80.jpeg

So far I’ve been lucky with my 135. 550 fps/30 fpe with 44.75 JSBs and I’ve had it for six or seven years now. I’d like to crank the power up, but when I went to remove the stock the fore-end bolts broke right where the screwdriver engages on the +, so it looks like I’m going to have to drill them out.

Hopefully you get decent power and firing behavior with a spring.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
So far I’ve been lucky with my 135. 550 fps/30 fpe with 44.75 JSBs and I’ve had it for six or seven years now. I’d like to crank the power up, but when I went to remove the stock the fore-end bolts broke right where the screwdriver engages on the +, so it looks like I’m going to have to drill them out.

Hopefully you get decent power and firing behavior with a spring.
If I simply drop in the spring, it will be a twanging, tooth rattling beast. I use blister pack plastic and make a sleeve for the piston. Finding the right thickness is key. The spring needs to be held fairly tight when inserted in the sleeve. If done correctly, there will be no twang at all and a smooth cocking cycle.

If I simply drop in the spring, it will be a twanging, tooth rattling beast. I use blister pack plastic and make a sleeve for the piston. Finding the right thickness is key. The spring needs to be held fairly tight when inserted in the sleeve. If done correctly, there will be no twang at all and a smooth cocking cycle.
I just did a conversion to 125 from vortex to spring. I may got lucky with the spring guide fit and it shoot’s like a dream. I cannot tell difference to a gas ram except for cocking. And cocking (or returning barrel) got better when deburring the piston / cocking arm slide surface.

Also did trigger polish and lube job. Trigger is now good. Nowhere near my hw97k or aa pro sport but managable.

I was able to compress the spring by hand without a compressor but it might not be doable for everyone.

I just did a conversion to 125 from vortex to spring.
I just ordered three spring conversion kits for my three 95’s. (Hatsan is finally stocking some parts). Two of them are running on failed Vortex rams. About fives years is all I gotten out of all my Vortex’s. Some only two. I like them but I’m tired of their high maintenance. Just like my PCP’s, now gas rams, all gone.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I just ordered three spring conversion kits for my three 95’s. (Hatsan is finally stocking some parts). Two of them are running on failed Vortex rams. About fives years is all I gotten out of all my Vortex’s. Some only two. I like them but I’m tired of their high maintenance. Just like my PCP’s, now gas rams, all gone.
Same here, absolutely no gas rams for me anymore.

Im wondering what perecentages of break barrels is hatsan manufacturing with gas rams vs springs. How can it be good business to have so much warranty claims and expences to hatsan with vortex’s failing so often.