Hatsan Hatsan 135 Accuracy Question

Ok so I'm going to start this thread by saying I knew fair well that its a dumb caliber choice for a break barrel. Now getting that out of the way here is something I've noticed. Inside 20yds the gun does absolutely fine. I've noticed there is some slight left to right deviation the further I get out but no big deal. I can learn it. At the 20-25yd mark I realized ( saw while shooting in the sun) that the JSB 44.75gr pellets take a HARD left away from my POA. Its actually pretty comical to see. Its like an MLB level curveball that happens every time.

Here's my question. Am I alone here or is this a common theme that I should have known about? Is the twist rate just wrong for this pellet weight and velocity or should I suspect something else is the issue here? I've seen some pretty stellar accuracy on the YouTube (which I generally tale with a grain of salt) but it has me thinking something may he wrong here.

Thoughts?

Reactions: .20calguy
I have a 95QE that was just not very accurate at 35 yards. After a complete tuning it still wasn’t accurate. I removed the end cap on the barrel shroud, all interiors and built an extension to get down to the barrel to re-crown. This 95QE is now one of the most accurate barrel breakers I own. Hatsan is notorious for pitiful crowns.

I've run a oiled steel wool "patch" through a few times to help smooth out bulky rifling job .. should not take but a handful of passes or so .. ( I guess a experience judgement call on it all in the end )
patchworm.jpg

Well though I had a better picture but there's the wool patch and the back and forth pull string used on mean ones ..lol ( like a hatsan🥴)

Looking,... the back and forth puller string seems to hold a cut scotch Brite patch .😉

The crown mess Bear mentioned. From factory on the left, after on the right using the brass screw method. They don't do a very good job and fixing it helps. A good clean out with JB Bore paste and a brass brush for 20-25 passes doesn't hurt one bit either.
View attachment 450524View attachment 450525
I’ve noticed that the bore can get really dirty really fast.