Hatsan 135 - .30 cal Springer

1570606644_9450147595d9d8e34a64832.60086172_IMG_20191007_111540.jpg
REAL HARD

I just bought one of these in .30 cal and love it. I've been shooting all my life (I'm an active hunter), mostly shotguns and high-power hunting rifles (30-06 and .264 magnum). I got into adult air rifles a little over 20 years ago, my first one being an RWS Model 52 in .22 cal. Great rifle and Ive never had a problem with it, and have hunted all sorts of small game with it.

The thought of owning a break-barrel, .30 cal piston airgun really got me wanting one. It's a big rifle and definitely not for everyone, in fact possibly very few will probably ever be totally comfortable with it, and I don't mean that in a bad way.This gun was not meant to be for everyone. It's heavy and surprisingly hard to cock at first, if you've only been used to lesser airguns shooting .177 and .22 calibers. I'm 69 years old and I have no trouble cocking it, although it does require extra effort. 

I have to say....this air rifle is extremely accurate. I have old eyes and can shoot open sights all day long if I have to, but I prefer using a scope. My wife and I enjoy target shooting, and one Saturday aftyernoon recently, we found the perfect time to do that. We were shooting full soda cans and eggs at 25, 25 and 55 yards. It took me little time to get my scope zeroed in on the Hatsan 135 .30 cal. To do so, I was shooting paper targets at 35 and 45 yards, with extremely tight groups....some shots following one-another into the same hole. Yes, it's THAT accurate and stable! Then, I decided to go out to 55+ yards and shoot into an old steel shop vac bucket. It sent groups of three following one-another into the same hole again, at this range! Unbelievable accuracy! And it punched large holes straight thru both sides! This rifle is a keeper! 

Reactions: X27