Hatsan 135 - .30 cal Springer

Opinion only.........I would think any .30 cal springer would be very disappointing in the accuracy department. It would either be really really slow........or just slow with a lot of springer recoil and impossible to shoot straight. Opinion only here not trying to offend. I think it would end up being a springer that collected dust in a closet once the new wore off. Buy from PA......at least that way you could return it within 30 days if Im right.

I shot one at the Texas AirGun show ONCE . After Cocking it ( way too hard ) and lifting it's heavy butt up . and then proceeded to set it up on the bench and give It a whirl . I was very skeptical but was trying to keep an open mind .
Picture trying to aim as precisely as you can an right as you start squeezing a heavy but not awful trigger .. somebody took a 2X4 and tried to slap the gun outta your hands as the shot breaks . It's a lot like that . One shot was all I needed to realize it was not for me .
It was actually a kinda cool looking gun though , and it was weird for me after shooting nothing but 177 for last couple months putting a 30 caliber pellet in the breech .
There's a point with standard springers whether it's piston or spring where the power overwhelms a shooters ability to shoot it accurately. This is an Extreme example ..Just my 2 cents worth.

Funny, in not one of the shots, you actually see him pull the trigger. You do see him break the barrel once, and that alone for me is a confirmation that this is not the type of gun you want to be cocking all day. But nonetheless, in this - and other vids - he says that it's 'usable' up to 35 yards. So why in earth's name would you get something that's that hard to cock and loud (!!!), when a .22 or even .177 does an evenly good - or probably a better - job. You'll save a lot of money on lead, that's for sure. If you go out shooting medium to large game, for heavens sake, get a decent big-bore PCP or powder burner.

Bottom line is.....what is acceptable accuracy to you? Everybody is different here and there truly are no right or wrong answers. I believe that rifle will not meet most peoples expectations in accuracy. You would have to be a springer master to be able to consistently shoot squirrels at say 20 to 30 yards. I dont know you....you might be able to shoot it accurately. Artillary hold would have to be perfect every shot. I couldnt do it. My dad bought a magnum hatsan springer about 4 months ago. We both tried shooting it and decided for us.....we would be better off chasing the squirrels and using it as a club. Neither of us had the necessary skills to shoot it. Best I could do was 3 inch groups at 20 yards no lie. My dad was like 5 and 6 inch groups.

Well, there's a reason why guns like that switch owner about as often as you change underwear. Most people who buy them find out that from a pure marketing perspective it might sound nice, but when shooting it they're disappointing. I had a Hatsan in .25 cal once, was the 4th owner in less than 2 years, sold it within months. I'm a member of some second hand guns websites, and check them almost daily. At some point you start to recognise some guns with very specific mods or stocks, and see them being sold by over and over again. That in itself says it all for me.

I think everyone will agree this is not a match target air rifle. With the heavy cocking effort and the cost of 30 caliber pellets, this is not a sit and plink all day air gun either. The only real questions I would have are: 1. At roughly 550 feet per second with a 44 grain pellet, will it be more effective (for hunting) than a 26 grain 25 caliber pellet moving at 750 feet per second. 2. Is the accuracy sufficient for hunting. The rabbit is not impressed (or any more dead) if you put 5 pellets all through the same hole. 

"addertooth"I think everyone will agree this is not a match target air rifle. With the heavy cocking effort and the cost of 30 caliber pellets, this is not a sit and plink all day air gun either. The only real questions I would have are: 1. At roughly 550 feet per second with a 44 grain pellet, will it be more effective (for hunting) than a 26 grain 25 caliber pellet moving at 750 feet per second. 2. Is the accuracy sufficient for hunting. The rabbit is not impressed (or any more dead) if you put 5 pellets all through the same hole.
well said 

I own this rifle, and, like I said to jonnes and Joe' in a previous post, this is a good quick grab pesting gun for a shot or two fired at centermass out to 20/25 yrds max (need ear protection for more shots than that). In that regard I used it maybe 5 times...definitely a "niche" gun. I'm cool with it in that role. Yea, disappointed in the firing characteristics ("slapped with a 2x4," huh, Joe. 😁) and it'll probably collect dust, but I can forgive it its quarks since I have better shooting quality rifles to choose from. Admittingly, if this is your first air rifle and you must have a .30 cal, save your coin for a FX.

I own this rifle, and, like I said to jonnes and Joe' in a previous post, this is a good quick grab pesting gun for a shot or two fired at centermass out to 20/25 yrds max (need ear protection for more shots than that). In that regard I used it maybe 5 times...definitely a "niche" gun. I'm cool with it in that role. Yea, disappointed in the firing characteristics ("slapped with a 2x4," huh, Joe. 😁) and it'll probably collect dust, but I can forgive it its quarks since I have better shooting quality rifles to choose from. Admittingly, if this is your first air rifle and you must have a .30 cal, save your coin for a FX.

I have shot many rockchucks, rabbits, crows and one coyote a 25 to 40 yards with this rifle. With open sights I'm not Much for scopes. I also use it for target target practice to keep my ability up for hunting. The rifle is not that hard to cock and I'm not a big guy. It becomes easier to cock and shoots better after you shoots few hundred pellets.

I think most that bought this rifle shot it a few times and put it away not giving it a chance or even breaking it in.

One of my favorite rifles!!!

I agree with what Septicdeath says about this rifle. I have one in .30 cal and .25 cal. I like the .25 cal better because of the flatter trajectory. I've only used it once to dispatch a groundhog and one shot to the head from 20 yards dropped it. Good thing too since it was about 2 feet from its burrow. With that one shot, the rifle paid for itself since the burrow was under a foundation. I put a Williams FP-GR-TK aperture sight on mine and like that much better than the OEM open sight. I get very good accuracy out to 30 yards.

Also, I have a .25 cal Beeman Kodiak and find the Hatsan 135 in .30 cal and .25 cal to be more accurate. Ive been able to plink a 2 inch spinner from 50 yards with the .25 cal. I think its because they have shorter barrels than the Kodiak. The Hatsans are also a little bit more powerful too. I think Hatsan did these rifles right in so far as a big bore magnum springer can be done.

One thing to remember: you don't get a big bore magnum springer to hit small targets from far away. That's not what they are for. These are for hitting big targets up close real hard! So, sub1 inch groups are silly- two inch groups are fine. Use the right tool for the job.

Keep in mind, as with all things Hatsan, QC can be hit or miss. My .30 hasn't given me any problems ever. The .25 cal was a refurbished rifle but it wouldn't cock, and the trigger and safety didn't work straight out of the box. Most people would be extremely pissed about that. Fortunately, the fixes were super easy and now its up and running real well; although, I do need to smooth out the trigger components to get rid of that gritty feel but people do the same procedure on their high end HWs. I didn't bother with sending the rifle back to Hatsan; I did the fixes myself.

Had one that my grandson now uses. Although it was heavy to cock, it was no where near as hard as my Theoben or some of the HW 90's I have tried and just about as accurate as an HW 90 in .25 cal. at 25 yds. After 30 yards pellet drop is pretty extreme. Trigger is adjustable and it is moderated. It is a fun novelty but I think 25 caliber is the useful limit for a break barrel with the .22 cal. being the best for pest control.