N/A Has there ever been a multi pump air pistol that can achieve 700+ fps in .22 caliber ?

Multi pump and fast loading bolt action mags don't seem to go together for me. Being able to quickly chamber the next round and then still have to pump 8-10 times doesn't get you to a follow up shot much faster
I agree with this to a degree as there is no such thing as a fast followup shot with a multipump unless it's an ACP which is a different beast or a self contained pcp like the seneca aspen or the fx indy. Might help with fumbling in the cold or at night but still need to pump it.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I wonder if anyone has been able to modify the crosman 1322 , so it can achieve 600-700 fps with 10-15 pumps using a 12.9 Gr pellet ?

Years ago, I did modify my 1377 and was able to get it to shoot 7.9 Gr pellets around 580+ fps. I modified the air chamber/ valve and put a longer barrel on it.
My current 1322 build sends a 14.3 g cphp downrange at 488 with 8 pumps. Around 530 fps with 10 pumps. That is with stock barrel. A longer barrel and the lighter 12.9 g pellets you mention it would hit that 600+ mark and then some I am sure

I've had a couple 10" barreled 2400s I converted to pcp that did into the 20 fpe range. I used a hand pump, does that count as a multi pump? 😆

20210331_201454.jpg

A lack of leverage, probably.
It would also need to be very low valve volume and very high pressure, to up the force of each pump stroke.

Probably better off with a crossbow pistol:
(a.k.a. X-Bow FMA Supersonic REV)
These are about 30 fpe but obviously much slower than a pellet.