N/A Has there ever been a multi pump air pistol that can achieve 700+ fps in .22 caliber ?

Sounds like a unicorn to me, you'll have better luck reaching those numbers with a hpa conversion, running at 2000 psi, hand pump friendly -

1707673673040.png

Not trying to hijack, just a suggestion

I wonder why , no company, has come out with a multi pump air pistol, capable of 700+ fps in .22 caliber with a multishot magazine bolt action pellet fed ?

If the ZORAKI is able to get 450-550 fps in .22, with 4 pumps , I would think it would not be difficult for a company to make a .22 caliber air pistol with a slightly larger air chamber to hold enough air to get to the 700 fps area with 6-10 pumps ? I really like the idea of a 6-10 shot magazine in such a pistol. No need to fumble around with 1 pellet loading after each shot. IMHO, 700+ fps in .22 caliber, is the sweet spot for humanely killing game slightly larger then sparrows , chipmunks, etc .

I think my Zoraki HP Ultra fits the bill, I think with four pumps it was very close to 700FPS with a light 22 pellet
Cant find my notes and I have the PCP 750 and the Huben pistol so I set the Zoraki down and not missed with it in over a year,,
Mike

I looked on youtube...it looks like, with 4 pumps in .22 , it gets around 540 FPS. ..or around 9 fpe. I would think with todays technology, some company could improve upon this in a multi-pump air pistol , making it more humane to dispatch large squirrels , larger birds, etc. I personally would be willing to pay $300-$400 for a accurate multi pump .22 air pistol that can get to the 12 fpe area that also has a magazine that loads/holds 6-10 pellets . I wonder if such a pistol would be a big seller ?

Dont get me wrong, I think the crossman 1322 is a great value for $70, but I think it is outdated with it being a single pellet load setup and only getting around 400 fps in .22 caliber. Im kinda surprised that Crossman has not decided to do a major update on that classic pistol that has been around for decades.

Reactions: airgunmike56
some rabbit holes only go so deep and then no advancement can be made and that is where multi pump guns are
Im not buying that. If a manufacturer thought there was significant profit potential, im confident they can improve upon the decades old designs of the 1377- 1322 crosman pumpers. Hell, I remeber reading back in the 1980s, that the beeman P1 was the most one could expect in obtaining 500fps in .177 caliber with a springer pistol. Ive got a magnum diana springer that can get 650 fps with .22 pellets.

I'm working on attaining that too. There comes a point where reliability may be a factor. The seneca aspen is great if you change the o-rings but the fix is not for the faint of heart. I love building the crosman platforms and have made some awesome builds. Just a few I've made. 1322 with extensive valve work and yes, a plastic piston with pump cup. 556 with 15.49 .22 and a10 inch barrel at 16 pumps.
1000001520.jpg
1322 with m-4 tube 14 inch barrel modified valve and flat top piston. The piston needs a bit of adjusting and needs one more mod to make it virtually zero headspace 14 pumps w/15.49 .22
1000001522.jpg

I once built a 2100 13xx with a 14 inch .22 barrel and could be used as a large pistol. Lots of valve work and flat top. Eventually wore out the pump arm and tube pivot hole do to my poor work at adjustment on the piston. That one shot 14.9 gains at 620 fps at 10 pumps. Crosman has the parts but volume is key. Also wanted a zoraki but heard the pumping was a bear.

I looked on youtube...it looks like, with 4 pumps in .22 , it gets around 540 FPS. ..or around 9 fpe. I would think with todays technology, some company could improve upon this in a multi-pump air pistol , making it more humane to dispatch large squirrels , larger birds, etc. I personally would be willing to pay $300-$400 for a accurate multi pump .22 air pistol that can get to the 12 fpe area that also has a magazine that loads/holds 6-10 pellets . I wonder if such a pistol would be a big seller ?

Dont get me wrong, I think the crossman 1322 is a great value for $70, but I think it is outdated with it being a single pellet load setup and only getting around 400 fps in .22 caliber. Im kinda surprised that Crossman has not decided to do a major update on that classic pistol that has been around for decades.
Multi pump and fast loading bolt action mags don't seem to go together for me. Being able to quickly chamber the next round and then still have to pump 8-10 times doesn't get you to a follow up shot much faster