• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Has the pandemic ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was true, wouldn't your generation be to blame? Can it also be true capitalism wasn't taught correctly and that the free market will always even out the playing field? On top of all that, your generation (not sure if you're gen x or a boomer) or your parent's generation was in charge and mostly still is in charge of this country and bailed out multiple giant corporations. This is no longer capitalism as much as it is corporations dictating our laws. You know as of right now you cannot go after the restaurants locally for changing the system of pay because local business controls local political campaign funds. They have also brainwashed the servers to hate the customers that can or won't tip the way they want. They also don't believe that being courteous is their job because the wages are too low, so why try?

At this point, I can go on and on. The pandemic has taught my generation and Gen Z, one thing. The old way of doing things 9 -5, certain customs and courtesies, are archaic and absurd. (wearing a hat inside for one) There is no point of breaking your back for a company (9/10 companies) when you're just a number. You are 100% replaceable. You're expected to give 150% every day for 80% of the pay you're worth. Giving only what's in your job description and maybe some invite is frowned upon. Not coming in when needed on your day off or taking PTO, guilt-tripped that taking a day from burn out is wrong. Time to yourself is wrong. These things are wild coming from the hippy generation who tried to break the rules. You got Vietnam vets in the VFW praising the government. The people run the government for the people. Not this government, though.

I also am not talking about the weird douchebags in Portland and California or any major city, to be honest. But these people are poorly educated because of the older generations. The regulations on education brought by the older generations. They don't discipline here, the brainwashing here. Don't question authority. You have a country that doesn't care about itself because it finally realized being a robot is absurd. They also are extremely confused that they want an Equity system, not equality. They do not know the difference or much understand what Equity is. Boomers started this and quickly forgot. They forgot about challenging the system. They forgot about not believing that the politicians are servants to the people; they are not heroes to be worshiped and bring flags for. Trump, Biden, Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon etc... The worst. With the creation of the DEA the war on drugs was nothing more than an attack on the people themselves. Especially when they later admitted to running guns and drugs into the minority cities. Incentives for cops based on their pension and raises to go after the people, create as many charges as possible to create that ticket, or lock up for stats at the end of the year. This is 100% true my whole family is military and cops. Hell, I fought in Iraq and Afghanistan as a designated marksman. I worked with DEA to fly in and counter-drug operations for 7 months; that's all we did, kill people and burn drug operations throughout southern Afghanistan. Rumsfield, in 2001 said they lost over a trillion dollars, and the planes knocked out all digital and paper records. 1 TRILLION dollars in 2001.

At the end of the day, Cry me a river about hating new generations. This is 100% Boomers and Gen z's
If this was true, wouldn't your generation be to blame? Can it also be true capitalism wasn't taught correctly and that the free market will always even out the playing field? On top of all that, your generation (not sure if you're gen x or a boomer) or your parent's generation was in charge and mostly still is in charge of this country and bailed out multiple giant corporations. This is no longer capitalism as much as it is corporations dictating our laws. You know as of right now you cannot go after the restaurants locally for changing the system of pay because local business controls local political campaign funds. They have also brainwashed the servers to hate the customers that can or won't tip the way they want. They also don't believe that being courteous is their job because the wages are too low, so why try?

At this point, I can go on and on. The pandemic has taught my generation and Gen Z, one thing. The old way of doing things 9 -5, certain customs and courtesies, are archaic and absurd. (wearing a hat inside for one) There is no point of breaking your back for a company (9/10 companies) when you're just a number. You are 100% replaceable. You're expected to give 150% every day for 80% of the pay you're worth. Giving only what's in your job description and maybe some invite is frowned upon. Not coming in when needed on your day off or taking PTO, guilt-tripped that taking a day from burn out is wrong. Time to yourself is wrong. These things are wild coming from the hippy generation who tried to break the rules. You got Vietnam vets in the VFW praising the government. The people run the government for the people. Not this government, though.

I also am not talking about the weird douchebags in Portland and California or any major city, to be honest. But these people are poorly educated because of the older generations. The regulations on education brought by the older generations. They don't discipline here, the brainwashing here. Don't question authority. You have a country that doesn't care about itself because it finally realized being a robot is absurd. They also are extremely confused that they want an Equity system, not equality. They do not know the difference or much understand what Equity is. Boomers started this and quickly forgot. They forgot about challenging the system. They forgot about not believing that the politicians are servants to the people; they are not heroes to be worshiped and bring flags for. Trump, Biden, Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon etc... The worst. With the creation of the DEA the war on drugs was nothing more than an attack on the people themselves. Especially when they later admitted to running guns and drugs into the minority cities. Incentives for cops based on their pension and raises to go after the people, create as many charges as possible to create that ticket, or lock up for stats at the end of the year. This is 100% true my whole family is military and cops. Hell, I fought in Iraq and Afghanistan as a designated marksman. I worked with DEA to fly in and counter-drug operations for 7 months; that's all we did, kill people and burn drug operations throughout southern Afghanistan. Rumsfield, in 2001 said they lost over a trillion dollars, and the planes knocked out all digital and paper records. 1 TRILLION dollars in 2001.

At the end of the day, Cry me a river about hating new generations. This is 100% Boomers and Gen z's fault

At the end of the day, Cry me a river about hating new generations. This is 100% Boomers and Gen z's fault.
Well this is really far more of a right/left issue and everybody knows it. But you can’t discuss that here. And man, you’re all over the place with this reply. The generational argument I made remains absolutely true, however. Albeit a symptomatic problem of the programming imparted from a certain political persuasion (hint: it’s the one that’s controlled the media, pop culture and public education since the 70s)……….but the fact remains that most people in your generation can’t tie their shoe without watching a how-to internet video on their smart phones then crying about it on social media. And you can cry ME a river about how everything is previous generations’ faults and that’s why none of you can overcome any hardships whatsoever and everything is “racist”.

It’s the under 35 crowd that have been trained since kindergarten to see themselves as wonderful, flawless angels by our utterly woeful public school systems. We now have two entire generations of lazy, entitled brats who believe that the world owes them a living. They see service to others as beneath them. And the fact that they have to work at all is an indictment of our “terrible” capitalist system. The government (ergo taxpayers) should simply fund their existences so that they can pursue their favorite pastimes unburdened with things like paying bills and actually earning what they have………This is why so many people suck at their jobs now.
I’m 32 and I’d say this is accurate but it get exponentially worse if you go under 25 right now. I am always blown away how it got so bad so quickly. Less than 10 years ago it wasn’t like this, it’s nuts. And I’m not old and grumpy I’m 32! Lol

Reactions: darylm
Well this is really far more of a right/left issue and everybody knows it. But you can’t discuss that here. And man, you’re all over the place with this reply. The generational argument I made remains absolutely true, however. Albeit a symptomatic problem of the programming imparted from a certain political persuasion (hint: it’s the one that’s controlled the media, pop culture and public education since the 70s)……….but the fact remains that most people in your generation can’t tie their shoe without watching a how-to internet video on their smart phones then crying about it on social media. And you can cry ME a river about how everything is previous generations’ faults and that’s why none of you can overcome any hardships whatsoever and everything is “racist”.
100% right. All you gotta do is look back and read... well, before the revisionists change even more of our history.

Sad part is we the people can't do a damn thing about it or you're labeled a domestic terrorist simply for wanting America to be what it was founded to be. By today's standards, the founding fathers would be put to death for treason.

It’s the under 35 crowd that have been trained since kindergarten to see themselves as wonderful, flawless angels by our utterly woeful public school systems. We now have two entire generations of lazy, entitled brats who believe that the world owes them a living. They see service to others as beneath them.

Nope

Reactions: jayr
Care to elaborate on that nope? Even if you live in a remote area where most people aren't as influenced by the BS going on, you still gotta see it. It's all over the news, social media, YT, etc.

You live in Oregon, been to Portland lately? It really is such a beautiful place after all those peaceful protests right?

Care to elaborate on that nope? Even if you live in a remote area where most people aren't as influenced by the BS going on, you still gotta see it. It's all over the news, social media, YT, etc.

You live in Oregon, been to Portland lately? It really is such a beautiful place after all those peaceful protests right?
i was in Euguene with my brother for a bit he moved there 2 years ago. That level of insanity is wild. I never seen people just be homeless cause they straight up don't want to do anything. Then beg for money and they're sign says I don't want to work and I'm pregnant.

100% all over with the post cause I straight up cannot condense how the generations after WWII and before Millenials have destroyed the fabric of this nation... Probably WWII generation after the war too. (politically) I don't see it as a Left or Right issue. Same bird.

The entire second part explains a point. Who was there to teach these things? I love the argument about mechanic stuff, and valves now don't eat the battery acid. But those warnings didn't come in the last 20 years. lol... Most came around the late 90's mid 00. My generation was too young for cars at that point. (give or take) so this is a Gen X issue of being unable to follow simple directions. A lot of blame on mine and Gen Z generation, but Gen X is by far one of the worst perpetrators and created a systemic cycle by failing to educate their children generally (not any one person specifically) If we can't tie our shoes without a how to then why weren't we taught that to begin with? Who failed us in that regard??

Also, it's insane how using a how-to because no one taught them something is an issue. At least we're using this continuous source of unfiltered knowledge on the internet. "Get off a screen" sounds like "get your head out of a book". If propaganda has been going on in pop, media, and education since the 70's, who to blame? Who were the prominent people in charge then? Boomers and their parents. You don't blame the children for being uneducated you blame the educators and the boards that supervise. You talk about everything being racist, but these were ideas created by Gen Z.. Millennials didn't create political correctness that was our parents or grandparents then it was taught to us. 99% of these kids that are brainwashed didn't teach this to themselves they were taught this by teachers in public schools or universities. My older brother graduated in 2006 and saw the liberal direction being hit hard in the universities... 2006... Those aren't millennial teachers... I remember as a kid being taught; you can't say this now you cant say. Kids were not making this up this was your generation telling us. We weren't even able to vote in the early 00's. So it wasn't new voters dictating these things.

I'm on four local pages in my town and a close-by city. Do you know who cries on there more than anyone? Gen X and boomers. Statistically (I'm an analyst on marketing platforms), anyway, statistically, it's not the younger generations.

WITH ALL THAT being said. Is there jerk-offs in my generation that go viral quickly? Sure it's a little easier nowadays... But you guys had the same thing. You talk about everything being racist but do you remember the bashing of specific communities in the 80s and 90s, because of what they were or said or acted? is that any different? Every generation has ignorant scumbags, let's be honest.

Oh absolutely

NOT !
No? my Grandfather-in-law and Father-in-law one is retired from Railroad and the other is on like 20 years, I think. Both say the unions make it hard to get rid of people until there are layoffs, then its seniority. Or something like that idk I have never been in a union. I'm also in a state where you can't make new unions lol. Even the grocery store chains make you sign an agreement not to unionize.

Status
Not open for further replies.