• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has everybody seen the new Vortex scope that will work great for Airgunners

I Used Vortex scopes in the past, for the last few years they fallen off the radar for me. They just didn't have a radical I like. They were all very limited on the choices, I want a lot of dots and least four up and for down. Some windage would be nice to. Well I seeing there trying to win me back. Check out there two scope I found on there web site:
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50%20FFP-riflescope_with_ebr-2c_moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50%20FFP-riflescope_with_ebr-2c_moa-reticle

I tried one and returned it. I have had good luck with Vortex scopes, but this one didn't work for me. I guess I'm the only guy on the planet that prefers SFP scopes. I found the reticle useful only at or near full power. I guess FFP scopes are great for ranging at different power levels, but I just don't find that to be of any practical value for my uses. The FFP scopes I have tried have all displayed reticle issues for me, either too thick at high power, or too thin at lower powers. When I hunt with an air rifle, I either use the focus to estimate range (if I'm using a high power scope), or, I carry a laser range finder. So, for me, FFP kind of reminds me of the old saying, "a perfect solution to a non-existent problem". Guess it's just me.

I have one and absolutely love it, and for the record, I own Athlon, Burris, Leupold and other Vortex scopes including 2 Razor gen 1 scopes for my LR powder burners. Everyone has their opinions of scopes but this one is quality, checks the boxes, lifetime transferable warranty crystal clear, etc. And. .. I got mine for less than $200. What other ffp scope can do that for under $200? Stoti

I have one and absolutely love it, and for the record, I own Athlon, Burris, Leupold and other Vortex scopes including 2 Razor gen 1 scopes for my LR powder burners. Everyone has their opinions of scopes but this one is quality, checks the boxes, lifetime transferable warranty crystal clear, etc. And. .. I got mine for less than $200. What other ffp scope can do that for under $200? Stoti

Stoti, whare did you buy your scope? Any link? Thanks

tac

Stoti, whare did you buy your scope? Any link? Thanks

tac

Wow Stoti! That WAS a killer deal.

Tac, I paid $399 from Amazon for mine about a month back...as I said above its a fantastic scope but just didn't work out for me. Oh yeah a tip about Amazon, you want to make sure the purchase is SOLD and Fulfilled by Amazon...if there is a physical issue with the scope its much easier to get a replacement. If you simply don't like the scope, you might pay like $8 for the return label the price of which they deduct from your refund. With a purchase made from an Amazon vendor and fulfilled by Amazon you might be on the hook for a restocking fee as well as the return label.

I am probably in the minority when it comes to Vortex.

I have not been overly wowed by them, like most.

I looked through a friends PST that he was very fond of but I noticed a really strong CA (green and magenta fringing) on contrasting targets.

Then more recently I decided to add a scope to my new Marlin 1895 ABL.

So I went a looking, I knew I wanted a low magnification scope as 47-70 are not considered a 500 yard gun (but it can be done)

I looked at Leupold VX Freedom 2-7, Vortex Diamondback 3-9, and Nikon Prostaff 2-7.

Looking around the store at various distances one became clearly (PUN INTENDED) the winner, it was the Nikon by a large margin.

Images were clear, sharp, contrasting, and had good color. I backed the Diamondback down to 7x thinking that it was the extra magnification standing between it and a clear image and the Nikon was still much sharper.

For my airguns I will stick with my Hawke ED's until I can afford a Sightron SVSS (not likely any time soon)