Has anyone used the new saber valve on their tank ?

I purchased one recently for my 60min (9L) Scott cylinder to replace the SCBA valve. It is very well thought out.

The male foster is both the fill and supply, so it is not one way.

The large side knob on the on-off valve is very easy to to turn and moderate the flow, so slow fills are very controlled or you can also fill fast. The side orientation of the on-off valve makes it easy to turn on using one hand without having the tank rotate on you. My experience, when the knob is on the the top, the tank rotates and you have to use two hands to keep the tank from turning.

The valve is aluminum and raised the eyebrow of my dive shop, but they installed it and they fill it regularly. They fill close to 4500 psi. I did have to purchase a female foster to female DIN adapter for them to fill it. I got it from AoA. You may not have to purchase this.

The integrated carry handle is a great idea and make handling the bottle much easier and safer.

Two issues. It had a slow leak at the burst valve on first fill. Saber Tactical sent a replacement burst right away. Second the carry handle came from them loose. I tightened it. It became loose again, but after more rigorous tightening has stayed on tight. If it becomes loose again, I will apply locktite.

All in all happy with it. I am thinking of purchasing another one for my second cylinder.