• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone used the JSAR Bulldog Balanced SS Valve in their 357 Bulldog?

Thanks Guys!
You talked me out of that one.
I will most likely not bother with that JSAR Balance Valve.
I'll just go with the stock valve and open up the transfer and barrel ports.
I recently got some lead cast .130gr .357 Hollowpoint GT Bullets and they are running 784 fps for 177 ft lbs.
I plan on getting the steel cocking handle and heavier hammer spring from Pitbull Airguns.
That should put me close to, if not over 200 ft lbs.
I plan on opening up the transfer an barrel ports, so, I should be over 200 ft lbs most likely.
I will get the 500cc reservoir from Pitbull in the future. Maybe add a regulator later.
Loving this Bulldog!
Modify message

I had one along with the TI tube. I spent a lot of money and time just sending it back again and again and…..

Bottom line my Bulldog is utterly dependable, never leaks after sitting for years, EXCEPT with those parts.

Took it all out, sold to a buddy who was good at working on them for cheap.

Gun as a Carbine does 890 fps with NOE 152 hp as ported, pitbulls spring and lever, never ever leaks.

If I want it hotter I will put it on the blacktop on a hot day. ;)

Regards,

Roachcreek

Thanks Guys!
You talked me out of that one.
I will most likely not bother with that JSAR Balance Valve.
I'll just go with the stock valve and open up the transfer and barrel ports.
I recently got some lead cast .130gr .357 Hollowpoint GT Bullets and they are running 784 fps for 177 ft lbs.
I plan on getting the steel cocking handle and heavier hammer spring from Pitbull Airguns.
That should put me close to, if not over 200 ft lbs.
I plan on opening up the transfer an barrel ports, so, I should be over 200 ft lbs most likely.
I will get the 500cc reservoir from Pitbull in the future. Maybe add a regulator later.
Loving this Bulldog!
Modify message
I enlargerd removed the plastic transfer pory
Enlarged the barrel and valve port,angled and polished.

I push the 130 grain gt 920 fps.......they don't group wellat that speed.
Anyway the factory hammer spring and handle will do.

Unless your trying g to push heavy ammo in the 900's I don't think the heavier spring will be needed.