• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Has anyone tried using an actual PB silencer on an airgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it wouldn't make any sense to pay a tax stamp and the cost of a real suppressor only to use it on an airgun, but if one already had a legally acquired suppressor/silencer for use with an actual powder burning firearm, is it likely to work on an air rifle as well? Has anyone tried this? I have a YHM can for .22LR use, I have yet to check thread compatibility with my AA S510 XS.

Further inspection indicates I'd have to use some kind of an adapter, probably custom made, may not be feasible.

Last edited:
A PB suppressor can be rotated to any weapon that it can be attached to as long as manufactuers recommendations are followed. For example, my 22LR aluminum suppressor will fit on an AR15 but it will damage it because of muzzle blast pressure, per the manufacturer.
PB threads vary too. Smaller caliber PB’s use 1/2-28 thread and airguns use 1/2-20.
I have never considered using a PB suppressor on an air gun because the airgun suppressors are so cheap by comparison. Plus, you would need a thread converter to adapt it. Just another expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.