• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone tested JSB Hades in .177?

I have tried them in nearly a dozen different spring and pcp rifles and they are the most inaccurate pellet I have ever shot.  I think it is because they are 4.51 diameter. This is particularly interesting to me as the .22 version is extremely accurate in my Air Arms S410 and Weihrauch HW 80. However they are full bore sized at 5.52.

Label on the back of tin say 4.5 mm on all mine - ditto can't hit anything with the .177 hades in any airgun at any speed, same airguns shoot really nice groups with the JSB heavy of same design minus the imprint in the head

Most of my airguns have choked Lothar Walther barrels

JSB should redesign the .177 hades IMHO

On the other hand, the .22 hades (back of tin say 5.5 mm) is shaped like the JSB Monster redesigned and group just as well as the JSB exact in 5,52 mm. 

I have tried them in nearly a dozen different spring and pcp rifles and they are the most inaccurate pellet I have ever shot. I think it is because they are 4.51 diameter. This is particularly interesting to me as the .22 version is extremely accurate in my Air Arms S410 and Weihrauch HW 80. However they are full bore sized at 5.52.

I totally agree with you. I have had the same experience with my most accurate pcps.

I am most surpriced that Some of you are able to get good results... have you got some pictures of the Hades group at like 30 yards?

IMG_20211121_130223.1640191964.jpg
IMG_20211121_130143.1640191965.jpg
This is from my Air Arms s510 12fpe.

Regards Marko 

hi Marco.

i have trouble achieving the same results at 25 yards

When i shoot the hades .22 in my crown i can get the same results as you on 110 yards.

so i was wery dissapointed when i tested Hades in .177

but good to learn that at least some can use them

Claus

Hi Claus i guess they are very sensitive and like some barrels and don't like the others.My Taipan Veteran also doesn't like them.

Regards Marko

I find that the JSB Hades .177 are less effective at an instant kill, than H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme .177, shooting rats and squirrels. 

When performing backyard head shot pesting, at short range inside of 20yards, the H&N BHE’s have always killed the pest faster than the JSB Hades.

Rats and Squirrels seem to jump around a little when shot with JSB Hades, versus a drop and twitch when shot with H&N BHE’s.

EDgun Leshiy 2 250mm .177 @ approximately 16FPE