• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone shot the fx .25 slug liner in a crown yet?

One of the advantages of the Diabolo pellet is its poor BC. It allows accurate short range use without the dangers involving stray shots traveling long distances. I'm not certain using slugs with better BCs makes sense in air guns. If you want greater range, use a powder burner. Now that said, I sure would not buy the FX slug barrel until its performance has been tested and validated first. This is especially true because, as I understand it, FX is basing the barrel's performance on the 34 grain slug There are reasons to use heavier slugs up to about 50 grains. Will the FX barrel shoot them well? Will the longer slug even fit into the magazine? I think it is best to wait for the evaluations.

What I can't understand is how in every second video Dubber makes these days he makes mention of how easy and quick it is to make a barrel (said 2 minutes a barrel in the latest IV8888 video), with them being able to go from testing to production in a week, yet they can't get anything more than the base liner out in more than half a year?

There are always things that don't gel with fx. Makes anything they put out hard to believe these days

I just received mine for Fx impact yesterday and it’s for the .25. I tried it briefly with 36 grain Nielsen swag slugs and was absolutely horrible at 50 & 70 yards. I will do some further testing, but I don’t know as of now a complete waste of money. For how absolutely accurate the gun is now it’s a real shame. I will try with multiple grains 34-50 and see what happens and out to 150 yards. 

I just received mine for Fx impact yesterday and it’s for the .25. I tried it briefly with 36 grain Nielsen swag slugs and was absolutely horrible at 50 & 70 yards. I will do some further testing, but I don’t know as of now a complete waste of money. For how absolutely accurate the gun is now it’s a real shame. I will try with multiple grains 34-50 and see what happens and out to 150 yards.

What speeds are you getting out of the 36's? Disappointing to hear so far.

All these gripes and short comings of FX the last year or so is exactly why I cant pull the trigger on buying one...

Original ST on this gun STX on another and now choked slug liners? All so confusing!

Was Excited about the new .30 wildcat until I found out that the to short of a magazine will not accept poly mags! WTH ! Only 3 main types of .30 ammo so you would think it would shoot them all...some things just to quick off the drawing board in search of the old mighty buck IMO ! Now if they brought back the Tarantula ( the best gun they ever made )with a huma reg and LW poly barrel that would be a dream shooter!

OK rant over back to shooting my eastern girls...

James from Michigan, 

All these gripes and short comings of FX the last year or so is exactly why I cant pull the trigger on buying one...

Original ST on this gun STX on another and now choked slug liners? All so confusing!

Was Excited about the new .30 wildcat until I found out that the to short of a magazine will not accept poly mags! WTH ! Only 3 main types of .30 ammo so you would think it would shoot them all...some things just to quick off the drawing board in search of the old mighty buck IMO ! Now if they brought back the Tarantula ( the best gun they ever made )with a huma reg and LW poly barrel that would be a dream shooter!

OK rant over back to shooting my eastern girls...

James from Michigan, 

It does get frustrating trying to get 100% accurate information on their products.

I'm not certain using slugs with better BCs makes sense in air guns. If you want greater range, use a powder burner.

It makes perfect sense.

When you do lots of pest bird shooting at farms, the birds learn and will fly away if you try to get close. Most of my permissions I can't get closer than 100yds to the silos or barn roofs. Add a 10mph wind to the distance equation and shooting pigeons and starlings with a 22 caliber is mostly wishful thinking.

Powder burner?.....sure no problem if I had a stamp for a suppressor. Shooting near cows and horses, being loud is not an option. My Crown 22 w/ Sumo at 44fpe is just as quiet as when shooting 18gr pellets.

If it wasn't for slugs, I'd be out of luck where I shoot.