• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone put 480cc bottle on FX Maverick Compact?

I'm thinking about getting a larger capacity bottle for my FX Maverick Compact (500mm barrel). I'd like to go from 350cc to 480cc FX carbon fiber bottle. Has anyone done this on the compact, with an LDC? I know there won't be much room to play with, but if my math is correct an LDC with 1.22" diameter might barely clear the bottle?

If anyone has done this, I'd love to see photos! Thanks!

I put a 480cc bottle on my maverick compact and it significant increased shot count. I had to use a Huma mod 30 to clear the end of the bottle. My donnfl mods were too thick but mod 30 worked perfectly!
38728EB2-D420-45D8-884E-B079DF3D2C55.jpeg

8DC7DB78-5AF1-42D5-B78B-17974872781B.jpeg

I put a 480cc bottle on my maverick compact and it significant increased shot count. I had to use a Huma mod 30 to clear the end of the bottle. My donnfl mods were too thick but mod 30 worked perfectly!
View attachment 326903

View attachment 326902
I've got the same setup, a Donny KOI fits fine so does an Impulse Air. The Koi is slightly better IMHO. BOTH clear the bottle, not by much but there is a gap.

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, then the 580cc would also work, right? Cuz the
bottles have the same diameters, right?
Correct. May need a longer moderator so it doesn’t look ridiculous though. Lol. Also, at that point, upgrade to a 600 barrel. You’ve lost the ability to be short with a 580 bottle, and the 600 barrel will give you more efficiency anyway.

I did it with a Maverick 22 Compact. By the time you pay for the bottle and then the moderator you need to ask if the increase in cost is worth the extra shot count.
Not saying I was unhappy with the change, I just question the cost to benefit ratio.
In the end after I added the 480 bottle, I just put a 600mm barrel on the gun and was very happy with it. It did not weigh very much more than the compact version and I could shoot both lighter weight slugs and pellets out of it easily.

I did it with a Maverick 22 Compact. By the time you pay for the bottle and then the moderator you need to ask if the increase in cost is worth the extra shot count.
Not saying I was unhappy with the change, I just question the cost to benefit ratio.
In the end after I added the 480 bottle, I just put a 600mm barrel on the gun and was very happy with it. It did not weigh very much more than the compact version and I could shoot both lighter weight slugs and pellets out of it easily.
I, also, have a .22 compact. Just had some warranty issues fixed by FX and it is shooting great but with the new transfer port,(yeah, they updated that during the work) it’s using more air and shot count went down some…..so I’m thinking a bigger bottle would fix this but I gotta change moderators(from a very quiet Sumo).
I couldn’t get to the speed(885fps) at lower pressure(like 65 bar) so….

Not a Maverick but a .30 Impact Compact here. I am using the Tanto and noise is minimal to me, for what that is worth. View attachment 327936
Thanks for the pic! If and when DonnyFL re-opens…..I’m in!
Looks great, by the way! I was getting about 110 shots before the new transfer port. Now about 85 shots. Back reg at 75.