Has anyone purchased RTI Prophet Performance Compact yet???

Also for those interested and I believe this is a repost by me. I was informed by Alex of Air Rifle Activities that owner of the Prophet Performance Compact is putting the longer 500 mm barrel on his PPC and this doesn’t extend the length of the rifle at all, but no baffles will fit within the shroud then, I guess. So if you want some quiet you’ll have to attach a moderator. 

Got my compact in and got to play around with it in the basement range. Only 7-8 yards but enough for me to do some chrono testing and scope sight in. Came with reg set to 160 bar, holy power setting batman. Turned it down to 100 bar as I planned to use pellets in the 14-18 grain range. Once the reg was set lower, I got a nasty ping sound in the plenum area. Gun is still loud even with the pressure lowered so I put a Huma Moderator on and got clipping issues even though it is a .25 cal mod on a .22 rifle. Pulled the shroud and it came off pretty easy since the oring on the air stripper is not very tight. I didn't have any larger orings to switch out so I layered some teflon tap under it and put the shroud back on. Little tighter so hoping it stays centered better. There are 6 set screws holding the shroud in place and I tried my best to tighten them as even as possible. Hammer spring feels pretty heavy and may be the cause of low round count. When the shots were getting down below the reg setting it had a much tighter sound and less noise making me think it is wasting gas. The edges of the side plates could have been deburred as they are kind of sharp. May have to give them a slight sanding to knock down the sharp edges. It came with 1 mag and I bought a second with it. They both were the newer round kind and worked flawless. Ordered from Airguns of Arizona over the phone and they asked me to give them 3-5 days to test it before getting it out the door. Well it arrived in 5 days with no email tracking so I was surprised to see it show up when it did. Shoots good and light weight so looking to add some baffles to the empty shroud and get a .30 short moderator to help with the clipping issue. Might also add a neoprene cheek rest to not have to rest my face on the metal shroud and receiver. Also add a neoprene pad to the buttplate. Overall not a bad little gun and my first high end purchase. Looking forward to tuning it up. Also changed out the grip for a magpul one with no finger groove.

Hey everyone, I already mentioned this the tuning section. I just thought to share it here too...it is about upcoming or being implemented changes to the RTI Prophet Performance series, or coming options.

Its no secret I am very interested in getting a RTI Prophet Performance Compact, so I keep my ears to the ground for possible upcoming change, which RTI always seems to be doing like Edgun.

Well, the latest I heard is that RTI has done an update to the adjustable regulator being issued on the Prophet Performance series guns, not sure about the Priest II.

The updated regulator should solve regulator creeping issues. My buddy's buddy got one and said there is only 2 to 3 bar creep in a 24 hour period.

Though dealers may not like this info out, if they know yet. You might want to make sure your Prophet Performance series gun has the latest "gen 4ish" regulator installed, if not, ask for it.

Also, RTI is working on a 300 cc bottle for the Prophet Performance Compact, and I have no info on when that will be available as a standard option for the PPC. I see the bottle as being an add-on option not part of the standard kit.

I got mine tuned pretty decent and the reg is holding well. 100 bar reg setting, 2 coils clipped off the hammer spring for some hammer free space, couple turns on hammer spring adjuster shoots 18 jsbs 820fps, 16 AAs 840-850fps and 14 CHP 880 fps. Getting 20 bar per mag and I only have a hand pump. Was able to get it up to 250 bar so about 7-8 mags per fill. It actually shoots pretty well even under the reg setting. Was going for more accuracy and efficiency than a power tune. Now to get to the range and test for distance. Have only been shooting in the basement 7 yards with chrono work. 

@joedirt99 thanks for the update. So based off your most current versus last post the pellet clipping has stopped, which I still find weird that you were having them with a 25 cal lcd. Also, it sounds like you are getting 80ish shots per fill at the midish 20s FPE? Which is IMHO pretty damn good for a 220 cc cylinder, so I guess you have a pretty good "harmonic" tune.

I retightened the shroud and added some floss under the oring on the barrel spacer. The shroud came off really smooth with not much interference from the oring originally and that allowed the shroud to be tightened off center. I retitghtened the shroud being extra careful to turn the screws on both sides at the same time. Now that the air stripper oring is tighter, I think that helped keep the shroud straight. Looking to replace the open space in the shroud for some baffles so no need for a screw on mod.

@joedirt199 remember that after you pump the air is warmer, thus expanded, and will appear to be higher pressure. When I had my Leshiy 2 with the 300 cc bottle I could feel it get warm after a filling then there would be a drop in pressure after say 15 minutes. I think using a pump the air will be more heated when it goes into the rifle. However, regardless shoot RTI an email and tell them your issues. The RTI should be brain dead to swap out based of the design of the gun.

Not in the reg or bottle area. Poured some soapy water on there and nothing. Put a balloon on the barrel and not the poppet. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of parts in the valve area to check. Any suggestions? I may put a ninja bottle and reg just to totally eliminate the current reg.

Hey Joe -

If you have not found the leak yet...check the Foster fitting in the bottom of the receiver.

That's where mine leaked. Some soapy water in a small spray bottle. I started in the front of my Compact, and moved toward the ear. All good till I got to the rear Foster fitting. Mine would take about two weeks to leak 100bar.

In removing the Foster fitting to "reseal" it, this will remove all of the threads from the receiver. The Foster fitting is sealed into the receiver. The "treads" break loose very easily, you don't realize that you are ruining the threads, at least I didn't. And I wasn't using a big wrench !

THE bad part..! If...this is where your leak is, you have two options -

1. Send the gun back to the seller/dealer. (best option).

2. Drill and tap for a 1/4 pipe plug. You'll NEED some high pressure sealing compound. NOT Teflon tape !

Mike

Still leaked with a separate bottle and reg. Don't think it is the rear foster. Pulled the plenum cover and cleaned and lubed that oring. Only 2 more to check, the ends of the tube that connects the bottle receiver and the valve end. 

Update: turns out it is the rear foster fitting so now the adventure of trying to release the thread sealant and get it resealed.