• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Has anyone purchased “Refurbs” on Pyramyd Air?

Been looking at a few higher end air guns on Pyramyd Air. I seer that they have some interesting Air Arms rifles listed as refurbished, for a significantly lower price than normal. My question is whether anyone on the forum has purchased a refurb from them (and I would love to hear about Air Arms refurbs) and how satisfied they were with the resulting rifle.

Chris 

I'm impressed with the quality feel of the rifle. Don't know what was the original problem but I'm hopeful all is well. Put a red dot on and it looks like it will work well. I just got home from the hospital after a short stay and it will be a few more days before I can get to the range. Will say, it's loud so keep that in mind. All in all it's just what I was looking for. Hope this helps some with the decision.

A bit late to this thread.... I purchased a refurb rifle from PA a couple months ago. A Beeman R7 in .177, the rifle came packaged in a factory box with factory paperwork and additional sight posts. I could see nothing about this rifle to tell WHAT made it a refurb.... no mars to the wood or metal whatsoever. The barrel was very dirty, so I considered the rifle had been shot quite a bit, maybe a "shop" gun for employees at PA to use during idle times 😏? There was a noticeable amount of red grease applied to the cocking arm joint, which led me to believe the rifle could have been disassembled for possible internal issue? I bought the R7 for my grandsons' birthday next month so it has only been shot by me so far. I already own an HW30S that both grandsons enjoy shooting and this R7 performed as I would've expected any new gun to perform, very accurate with JSB 7.3 ammo.

I would not hesitate to buy refurbed again from PA.

1592869553_19448988285ef142b17ae925.79134519.jpeg
1592869277_6167202045ef1419db77010.61044804.png

Funny this topic comes up right as I just started a paypal case.

5/20- I ordered a refurb Diana skyhawk walnut .22.

5/27- they shipped

6/1- fedex shows up. 12 days after they got my money.

I open the package, wow! They sent a laminate stock. Kinda a bonus I guess. Start looking over the rifle, gauge is empty... hmmm what’s with the cotton sticking out of the vent holes of the shroud. Start pumping and air leaks out of the charging area. Look closer. .177! WTF! Now I’m upset. Called PA, get a hold of customer service, it’s discontinued and they only have .25’s. I say refund and they send me an RMA. I sent it back to them and it got there on the 15th and I still don’t have my money back.

While they’ve had my money I’ve been able to get a skyhawk from a member and I love it!

I’ll never order anything from them ever again.

Edit: they also won't call me back with their automated system and they are no longer responding to any replies to my customer service email thread.

Interesting. There seems to be a huge amount of variability in the user experience at PA. At the moment I am holding off on the refurbs because I went all in on a FX Impact from SPAW. I would still like to collect as much feedback as possible though, because they often have interesting deals on refurbs, in particular on Air Arms rifles and Hawke scopes.

It’s been a while but I did purchase 2 refurbs from them. One was an HW 90 and the other a rws 460. Both looked new out of the box. I did have problems with the HW 90 twice after purchase. First time was a few months after purchase and the second time was after a year after purchase. They repaired the rifle both times at no cost. I would have no problem buying another refurb from them.

I bought an Aeon 6x24x50 from them refurbished. The scope is pretty much junk but it is fully functional and PA did not send me something that was damaged or broken. They sent me a working optic. I just don't like the optic but PA has always been one of my "goto" companies in this arena. They always have shipped next day (that is they have always shipped what I ordered on their next working day) unlike other some other companies.

Been looking at a few higher end air guns on Pyramyd Air. I seer that they have some interesting Air Arms rifles listed as refurbished, for a significantly lower price than normal. My question is whether anyone on the forum has purchased a refurb from them (and I would love to hear about Air Arms refurbs) and how satisfied they were with the resulting rifle.

Chris

On a side note one of the best refurbs I have ever gotten was from the 910 Airgunner. On his website he sells refurbs and man was it nice, basically looked like a brand new dreamline for like 400$ off. alsoooo The best place to get Alum. bottles.