• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone mounted a sightmark wraith on a Dreamline tactical or should I stay conventional?

So... Since I do not care much for the Athlon Talos 3-12 which I purchased for my springer and dropped it on my dreamline tactical (not the compact) for the interim. I dislike the clarity and the fact that I can see the baffle or lens retainer. Its distracting.

I've been searching for a different optic for hunting and fun, Testing this new dreamline proves I've developed a flinch, so I imagine I will spend a lot of time on this optic and rifle to correct this. I am budgeting 800-900 American beer tokens for this part of the project.

Most of my shots will be under 70 feet so a low power optic with wide view is ideal. Especially on moving targets a little magnification to see if the rock pigeons around hear have leg bands since my new neighbor has racing pigeons. I have binoculars ...

I was set on the Vortex PST 2-10x32 but am not sure if I can get the light gathering I'm used to with 44mm objective lenses. I am also looking at the viper pst 3-15x44 For that reason. Neither optic goes below 20 yards for parallex adjustment (I'm not sure if it matters as every rimfire optic I used for small game was 100yd fixed, race guns were similar) and with my higher power vipers I use on powder burners, I don't see any focus changes with that knob anyway. I cannot afford the nightforce shv 3-12x42 which is about perfect. $1600 is to much.

I hate second focal plane because any milldot or ranging retical is for some reason always set to maximum magnification. I seldom go above 6x for anything but paper. If I do, its for identification when to much movement of switching to binoculars is to much. It looks like in most cases first focal plane is not all that great for what I want to do either as the reticle is always small. Vortex confirmed this for the pst 2-10 but its illumination may act like a red dot....

Most of the forum favorites do not appeal to me. I will never buy another leapers/UTG or BSA if I can help it. Athlon has not impressed me with the milky view and lack of email responses from customer service.

I was sitting here looking at my options and since I have to mail order about every option since all local dealers only stock the cheapest version of anything. (Locals will spend $3k on a rifle but put a $39.95 optic on it and hate it wanting to sell the whole works for $5k) I thought it might be fun to be able to record video and sound. While for an extra $600 I can with tacticam I can on most conventional optics.

I loved the features of the ATN pro day/night but the reviews are less than stellar. Every single local predator hunter will shy away from ATN in general, they owned them and went to pulsar for a reason. I definitely cannot afford a thermion xp50 lrf either.

Now... WI law only allows weapon lights and hunting lights at point of kill on foot. Ive hunted at night and got a handle on most of this. Its a bit difficult to use the night vision here as its considered a light. Most if not all the guys rock thermals because they cannot use illuminator until the animal is there. It may be hard to prove innocence with the warden as well, it appears the wardens do no answer emails either. But the wraith will run in daylight and with a quick attatch mount this unit can work as a monocular if the cows get out. So primary use would be daylight so its a little easier to justify the cost. Outright the cows escaping isn't enough to just buy one.

I like the 4k wraith setups. I'm not sure if I would go with the mini or the full size. I like the full size better but I do not like the non serviceable battery. Its also unfortunate that these will not run below freezing.

So kind of curios if anyone could make it work. The rail on the dreamline tactical raises up quite a bit to clear the magazine, I still had to add medium rings to get the talos to clear the stock rail. If I could not get the eye relief to work out, I would have to raise it higher yet. I see wisconsin airgunners on YouTube mounted one on an impact but the standard Hogue collapsible stock does not allow much for raising the comb height. The wraith options have a fixed and unknown height.

I used Monstrum dovetail to pic adaptor and mounted the wraith mini 4K on top of adaptor. I also did not like the bore height with OEM Dreamline pic rail. This setup clears the smaller FX 22 magazine.

035EFD17-63C5-4CE7-9E35-1371D0430DD3.jpeg