Has anyone installed a reg in a Daystate Regal?

The sweet spot of your curve should be able to give you that as it is. Curious as you what your shot string looks like now. I've shot several strings that has the velocity your looking for or higher and a nice shot count with a 1%- 2% ES. I just checked a couple of strings and although I filled to a higher pressure and the 1% ES portion of it started at 200bar down to about 170bar for 20 shots. 29 shot total within 2% ES with that pressure ending at 150bar. The 1% ES averaged 863fps and the 2% averaged 860fps. The Harper valve and Slingshot hammer is a great combo. I've also contemplated regulating mine but as sweet as it shoots now I have about changed my mind.
JK 

"jking"The sweet spot of your curve should be able to give you that as it is. Curious as you what your shot string looks like now. I've shot several strings that has the velocity your looking for or higher and a nice shot count with a 1%- 2% ES. I just checked a couple of strings and although I filled to a higher pressure and the 1% ES portion of it started at 200bar down to about 170bar for 20 shots. 29 shot total within 2% ES with that pressure ending at 150bar. The 1% ES averaged 863fps and the 2% averaged 860fps. The Harper valve and Slingshot hammer is a great combo. I've also contemplated regulating mine but as sweet as it shoots now I have about changed my mind.
JK 

Probably, but I want the option to run it at 230 bar, get the extra shots and still keep 10 fps or less spread for the entire string. Thanks for the input though.

I realize this is an old thread but still very interesting.
  • The Regal is such a great little performer that it tends to stay with owners as a gun they won't get rid of.
  • I have owed my .22 for just about 3 years now
  • 220bar 40 shots, 18gr JSB @ 864fps avg. good acceptable ES SD
  • Consistently shoots no less than 1.5 inch @ 100 yards without much effort on my part. The LW barrel is magical in this particular platform.
  • Have full Huggett shroud and LDC - output very quiet but mechanically still noisy at higher frequency crack!
  • Should set industry standard for wood used, style points, quality (not sure how they do this at this price point)
  • Its a high quality airgun. I get the feeling that the little Regal is like Daystate's "loss leader" - kinda their low margin for them but get people hooked gateway drug = buy more Daystates kinda product lol
  • It is an enigma to me how they get so many shots at 30 fpe with that tiny cylinder. Can't imagine a 12 FPE model
So back to the topic - I think it's still relevant given the recent release of the Brocock Compatto Target in which they combined slingshot tech with the Huma Reg.

I have contemplated a reg for my Regal for about two years but all data so far indicates adding a reg seems to result in 24fpe level gun? It shoots so well now at @30 FPE and 40 rounds. With that shot count, my interest would not be more shot count but to deliver that 30 FPE with the greatest levels of ES and SD consistency.

And then you have those Artemis and Griffin variants :)

Your updates on this dilemma?