• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Has anyone heard of this new Hatsan?

1664422639533.png

Beautiful Walthers, Steveoo! That bottom one really rings my bell. Don't know why, but I feel silver and walnut make a lovely combination

I have a lovely CP3 Match that I've souped up to about 550 FPS (on hot days), and got the trigger down to just four ounces. Bulk-fill Co2 is a PIA, but she's worth it!-
Walther CP3M.JPG

How did our Walthers end up in this thread (if you know what I mean)?

View attachment 293403

Beautiful Walthers, Steveoo! That bottom one really rings my bell. Don't know why, but I feel silver and walnut make a lovely combination

I have a lovely CP3 Match that I've souped up to about 550 FPS (on hot days), and got the trigger down to just four ounces. Bulk-fill Co2 is a PIA, but she's worth it!-
View attachment 293404

How did our Walthers end up in this thread (if you know what I mean)?
Where do you find the redot mount?

"Where do you find the redot mount?"

Relating to scoping unscopeable airguns, I've written, "Where there's a will there's a way".

Don't recall where I found that particular scope base, but I have a (decades) long history of scoping unscopeable airgun models by digging up scope or flashlight mounts marketed for other airguns, firearms, or flashlights. (Just now) looking at it I see I lined the inside clamping surfaces with electrical tape; either to shim the diameter, or to better grip the barrel.

That mount is likely one of several marketed for either the Daisy 717/747/777 pistol or current Crosman Co2 pistols. B-Square also used to make mounts for the aforementioned Daisys. I bought them out of all remaining inventory when I discovered they ceased production of them about a decade ago, and have since sold all of them except a couple for my own personal use.

Google Daisy 747 and/or Crosman pistol scope mounts to see some possibilities, some of which might require a little creative modifying to work for any given application.

Last edited:
Reactions: drpietrzak
There is some strange force that draws me into wanting a pistol to be a rifle. It just doesn’t work for me.

I think I have finally cleared my head of this with my recent 1701P purchase.

I just don’t see me ever buying a Hatsan for anything other than a learning experiment.
As Steveoo pointed out what’s with the sights? At first I thought it was to see over the mag, but Rexi is not like that.

I am a no on this one for sure.

Reactions: Steveoo
Of course pistol sights should be as low to the bore as is physically possible. The reason for this due to a lot of shooting might be done at 6 yards territory, where a high sight would mean having to aim high (to allow for the drop from top of foresight to the bore) especially if you have sighted in at a good 12 yards or so…
With high sights you therefore have zero chance of aiming dead on across the first 15 yard type ranges even if the pistol has a 500 fps flat trajectory….because the sights would prevent it….
Thus….great air pistol sights are like those fitted to Sheridan EB, HB, Crosman 150, Walther LP53….
Even more so in the case of the HW45 and FAS 604 (flush with the top of the receiver apart from the rear blade standing up) ….

So what does the designer of this Hatsan do with all that historical benefit…
He trots off and designs a set of sights 2ft high….😕

Reactions: Struckat

I saw this cool looking Hatsan but I cannot find it online? I am guessing this is a new model only released overseas right now? It looks cool, multi-shot magazine with decent power and shot count.
View attachment 291570

View attachment 291569
I too have been looking for this combo. It's not on their website.

I got one too, it arrrived on Wednesday. So far so good! It is super lightweight and pretty accurate at 15 yards. I got one in .25 and it really shoots the H&N FFT's very well. My biggest gripe so far is the iron sights don't have adjustment for windage, so it shoots really nice groups, just 1½" to the left of the bullseye! By addding the stock and a 3-9X Bug Buster, I can easily zero it at 15 yards and it's still super lightweight!

According to Hatsan USA, the spare cylinders for the Je1 will be available early next year, and they will also offer the dual cylinder option separately, if you choose to convert the Jet 1 to a Jet 2 later on. Personally, I'd just get a spare single cylinder, they are small enough to slip in your back pocket and will double your shot count between refills. With the out the box tune, I'm getting two full magazine (12 shots) out of one 250 BAR fill.

Reactions: JEHolloway
I got one too, it arrrived on Wednesday. So far so good! It is super lightweight and pretty accurate at 15 yards. I got one in .25 and it really shoots the H&N FFT's very well. My biggest gripe so far is the iron sights don't have adjustment for windage, so it shoots really nice groups, just 1½" to the left of the bullseye! By addding the stock and a 3-9X Bug Buster, I can easily zero it at 15 yards and it's still super lightweight!

According to Hatsan USA, the spare cylinders for the Je1 will be available early next year, and they will also offer the dual cylinder option separately, if you choose to convert the Jet 1 to a Jet 2 later on. Personally, I'd just get a spare single cylinder, they are small enough to slip in your back pocket and will double your shot count between refills. With the out the box tune, I'm getting two full magazine (12 shots) out of one 250 BAR fill.
How about posting up some groups? I have a Jet2 in .177 on order, should have by the first week of Jan. I will post groups first chance I get.
YT vid with groups:

Last edited:
Reactions: SgtOutlaw76