Has anyone heard of the company Airgunus? Looks real shady

Airgun.us is a totally fake site. I have had personal experience with them and know this for a fact. They will take your order, charge your credit card, but you will never get the items or even an email confirming your order. If you check your credit card statement online you will discover they used a fake name to process the charges. Even their phone number and address are fake.  BUYER BEWARE!! AIRGUN.US IS A FRAUD.

Do Not Buy From them. I got scammed trying to buy from them the only reason I went thru them is nobody had the gun in stock I wanted and they didn’t have expected restock times.I paid thru PayPal and filed a didn’t receive goods complaint,they even gave a tracking number that says it was delivered by usps I was sitting on my porch an hour before and at least an hour and a half after the supposed delivery time. I now have an investigation going thru the postal service but beware after a little digging there were other complaints of them giving tracking numbers that said items delivered but they weren’t. Last time I checked they site was under suspension

Do not order from this site. It’s 100% scam. I was bored over the weekend waiting in line at a theme park and decided to get a Glock 17. They showed stock and the price was much lower than other places. The site looked legit and I didn’t pay much attention as a noob to air guns. I didn’t realize something was wrong until after I placed the order. 

Just like BeMeUp, when you file a case with PayPal, they will provide a tracking number from USPS that shows the item being delivered to your city and zip. It was crazy the first time I saw it being delivered. That’s all it takes for PayPal to close the case and decline your refund request. It turned out that it’s an old scam where the the scammer somehow obtained a random tracking number that shows the same city and zip as your address, but not your actual address. Or they could send some stickers to a business in your city/zip. They take advantage of PayPal’s loophole as PayPal will not investigate further whether the tracking number is linked to your actual address (nor can they due to privacy issue). Fortunately, the tracking number they provided to PayPal does show the shipping Partner as Amazon, so that helps to appeal the case and I finally got my refund. Their website sometimes goes offline showing account suspended. I assume they keep getting shut down and they kept changing hosting provider.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE. They also have many different “Brands” but they all look the same with different logos. Don’t fall for it.

Wait are we talking about airgun.us or www.airgunus.com? Or they both scammed web?
D1EE442A-8C2B-459E-85D5-AB4172842BD2.1623390225.png
14C66DE7-DDBB-4243-8A96-4090AD35B553.1623390226.png

I’m in the middle of a dispute with my credit card issuer and PayPal (useless jerks IMO), involving a fraudulent charge that showed up for a purchase I never made. The credit card was new, and the FIRST time I used was for a purchase from Airguns of Texas (airguns.us), after a few hours, no order confirmation email. However, there was an email from PayPal for a charge from someone else paid using my new, once used card through PayPal.

PayPal is claiming the item was delivered. It was, yet it went to an address about half a mile away. The Post Office gave me the address where the items went. Returning today after my card company declined my dispute, I did more digging. Turns out the merchant who was the shipping partner told me the tracking number had been used multiple times. Oh, the merchant noted another order, using the same tracking number, was also shipped and that order was for $490 in merchandise. Maybe I’m lucky I was only hit for $99.99. See, PayPal goes only by the tracking number. Essentially, I sell you a $100 item, get an envelope, put some small item under 13 ounces in it, print a label, with tracking through PayPal. I keep your money. You receive the envelope, and as far as PayPal is concerned, you got your order. That’s all that counts, even if I put a sticker with a random address over yours, the tracking number indicates YOU got it. It’s known as sweeping (look up the scam).

The PayPal account showed the seller as being named: tamalae strange
Ring any bells for anyone?
Secondly, the items shipped were ordered through an Amazon partner, and shipped by Amazon. I DO NOT BELIEVE Amazon has squat to do with this. Someone has figured out how to play Amazon, and likely other online merchants, using PayPal and duplicate tracking numbers. So, the sequence of things is:

1) new credit card, first order
2) fraudulent charge showed up within hours of my airguns.us order
3) Amazon partner sold items
4) Amazon shipped, as they should have, not being aware of the fraud
5) Amazon passed the items to USPS for delivery.
6) Items were delivered to a different address, yet tracking shows as delivered and PayPal is suggesting I received value.
7) Credit card has stuck me with the charge again
8) I’m a retired guy with plenty of time to keep digging, and I’m making this my personal Covid boredom cure.

QUESTION: You or anyone else recognize this tamalae strange name? Ever use the tracking number to see where your order went? Ever see the Google Earth for this place that seems located next to a Texas highway, in the middle of nowhere, that shows an explosives factory?

I never could get a call answered—line always busy. Also got no response to email.
Is airguns.us legit? If you’ve read this, you decide. As for my opinion, the coincidences are just too many to overlook.

I will be taking this to my local PD, the postal inspectors, the Alphabet org, and anyone else who can shut this down. I have documented everything and every step. I am going to see if I can put these folks in jail. It’s a cyber crime. If you have info on your transaction, and are willing to share, I’d appreciate it. I intend to undo this twisted group and if you can help it might happen faster.

A co-worker ordered some JSB 18.13 grain pellets from their website last week (5 tins) and they charged his card and that was the end of that. They charged him $ 99.99, less than the total sale but tried to stay under the $ 100.00 alert that his card was charged but he tracked his payment and then found out he was had. Crooks they are, absolute crooks.

Tim

Curious. There was a tracking number associated with the shipment of stuff I did not order. As I dug around, I found the purchases were made from an Amazon Partner. From there, Amazon shipped the package and dropped it with USPS for delivery. Did your original PayPal notice have your address as recipient? Was Amazon involved in any way as shipper? The tracking info will show you who shipped (the carrier) it. With the tracking number, your local USPS that serves your address can tell you the address where the stuff was delivered.

Was Amazon the shipper on this bogus transaction? Whoever these scammers are, they’re clever. They get your info at purchase, then buy poop on Amazon and other sites, pay for it through PayPal because when a package shows as delivered, their position is YOU RECEIVED VALUE and your stuck. Credit card companies could care less about assisting and just take PayPal’s word for it.

Essentially there seem to be at least these things going on.

1–They steal your card info and address at purchase (the one you think you’re making)
2–They run a purchase through PayPal as a guest.
3–They print a shipping label with your name and address on it.
4–The original label is altered with the real recipient’s address and delivered.
5–Delivery confirmation, via the tracking number, is all PayPal cares about, even if it was delivered to the moon.
6–The credit card’s fraud department only checks with PayPal, that says it was delivered. The bank reinstates the charge and you are, well, ****ed!

On the other end of this are people using this scam to acquire goods on the cheap.

I COULD USE YOUR ASSISTANCE

Since being scammed by this outfit, I’ve investigated them a lot and how this scam works. I INTEND TO BRING THEM DOWN. Among the crimes here, other than the broad umbrella of cyber crime, there’s is likely mail fraud, wire fraud, recipients are guilty of engaging in cyber theft, they’re actually receiving stolen goods. Here’s what I need:

The web addresses of the other sites mentioned here that use the same home page and site design?
Did your transaction (the phoney one) involve the USPS in any way?
Did you use PayPal guest checkout, or your own PayPal account?
If you spoke to USPS and, using the tracking number find out WHERE it was delivered? If so, was it local to your area?
Any police reports filed? If yes, date and where. Don’t need copy of the report.

IF WE WORK TOGETHER ON THIS, WE CAN BRING THIS CYBER CRIME RING DOWN.

I’m digging into these with the local police, FTC and Alphabet org. As far as I can tell, this is a nationwide scam with multiple websites. It’s a huge mess to dig around in, so just don’t purchase from them. If you do, expect your first attempt to get a refund to fail because, in the words of the local and Federal agents I’ve taken this to, neither PayPal nor your bank are all that interested in resolving it for YOU. The first letter declining a refund from my bank said I’d received value, per PayPal. I revisited PayPal, where I have no account, and they have no record of ANY inquiry from my bank. Then the rep told me if they go with the bank’s decision. In other words they DO NOTHING to see if the charge is valid. This is infuriating as the item purchases are not mine, according to the merchant records, AND the tracking number per USPS was delivered to a completely different address.

If I wasn’t clear enough—DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE.

WTF? This is scary. I've been looking for an "out of stock" item for many months. Tonight this sight popped up in my searches for the first time, and low and behold, in stock... but the sight felt fishy. So I did a quick search and here I am back at home reading this.

Thanks for the warning!

It's amazingly legit "ish" with a pop up add asking for email address for coupon, and a "live chat" window.. Unreal.

I think they’re a scam. Ordered some Hades. Hasn’t shipped and no communication from them. They’re customer service email address comes back undeliverable. Working with PayPal to get money back. 
Embarrassing. I consider myself pretty situationally aware. Just wasn’t thinking. I just went down the list and they had them in stock at similar price. Should’ve just googled the business. The “.us” suffix on the website should’ve raised an eyebrow. Anyway…I did a dumb thing. I’m just posting here so if any person decides to be smarter than me and check this company out, they will hopefully find this thread and run in the other direction.