• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Has anyone found a real fix for the prophet external regulator creep problems

Could you show a picture of the groove you installed?
This is not my reg but I put a shallow groove in the surface (red line) so the air can pass out from the central hole. It may be better if you could arrange the groove to be inline with the small exit hole in the block (see my previous pic).

slot.jpg

Reactions: Rich_B
I am sure he said something important . ???
It looked important to me also.

Thank (or cuss) google translate, not me.

Jerry

"Hello. My experience with the PP2.1 RTI Adjustable Controller is:
1) Problem in oring number 16. When inflating the empty bottle, especially when using a Scuba, if the regulator is not at 0 bar, it deforms and does not close correctly, generating drag.
2) After carrying out maintenance, whether you use the same oring or a new one, you must leave the regulator at zero (unscrew the allen bolt), assemble the adjusted parts (without play, tightening the pin that protrudes from the regulator), install the regulator in the bottle, filling the bottle with air. Begin raising the regulator pressure slowly. To ensure sealing, shoot about 4 times in a row and check. If okay, raise the regulator to the final pressure.
3) When changing oring number 16 on the diagram, the measurement must be precise. It should be 1.5 mm thick. If it is greater than 1.5 mm the regulator pressure will begin to decrease before the bottle pressure reaches the regulator pressure. If it is less than 1.5 mm the regulator pressure will begin to increase while not in use.
4) Finally, applying the above, I achieve a maximum drag of 5 bars after a few days (week).

I hope this information is useful to someone.
Greetings to all....except RTI"

Reactions: Rich_B
This is not my reg but I put a shallow groove in the surface (red line) so the air can pass out from the central hole. It may be better if you could arrange the groove to be inline with the small exit hole in the block (see my previous pic).

View attachment 463022
Thanks. I’ll have to look at mine when I have it out next time. I think I can angle the output hole enough on the lathe to help it breathe into the little hole.