• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Has anyone found a real fix for the prophet external regulator creep problems

There are some threads on here with possible fixes involving the reg internals and polishing up some of the sealing surfaces. Mine has been rock solid for a while. Make sure you have the most current internals as I think they are on reg version 4 now.
Wow hard to believe they’re already on a 4th version now. I have seen the other threads about polishing and new orings. Maybe this new version will fix it. I have seen the huma version for it , but some don’t like it

I fixed the valve problem on my P2 compact , Have not had the Regulator leak yet,, I hope they have a new upgraded regulator I can just buy and replace, Pretty pissed at RTI , Buy a new gun and fix it as you go, I had rather be shooting
Mike
I agree, at the price point these guns should be problem free. At least for a good while, not within days after getting a brand new gun.

Reactions: Ray_PR
I purchase my Prophet 3 just a few weeks ago. I'm been keeping an eye out for reg creep but have not seen any evidence of it so far. I have another P3 coming in a few days. I'll report back if either of these "new" guns are creeping.
What did you get for the second? Weather forecast looks like this weekend I'll get to christen mine.

I fixed the valve problem on my P2 compact , Have not had the Regulator leak yet,, I hope they have a new upgraded regulator I can just buy and replace, Pretty pissed at RTI , Buy a new gun and fix it as you go, I had rather be shooting
Mike.
Fixed my P2 valve, twice, replacement from RTI. Ok so far.

Regulator was ok for almost a year, then creepy!
New regulator internals, latest from RTI, now seems ok.
I've bought a Lane regulator in preparation for the next incident.

To be honest I've lost confidence with the P2.
When working it's excellent but every swapped part means down time and a retune.

These shorter days I just want to shoot, not problem solve.

Prophet 1 has become my number 1.

Reactions: hussn32
You must be lucky, mine is a p1. The creep isn’t bad but annoying to have to shoot it 2-3 times to get back on the regulator
I can live with the small creep on my p1, not had a regulator yet that doesn't have some creep.

The later regulators have more sensitive, accurate gauges apparently. RTI's words not mine.
The internals are also different, subtle but different.

Latest version is working good since a upgrade, except in cold temperatures. It's more erratic than my wife.😉

I currently have 4 adjustable RTI regulators plus a Lane spare, this P2 has become a expensive hobby all on its own.
Plus I had ' best fittings ' build me a reg tester just for the RTI.

Overall, P2 has just become a hobby rifle.

P1 is my shooting rifle.

Reactions: hussn32
Hola. Mi experiencia con el regulador ajustable de RTI PP2.1 es:
1) Problema en el oring nro 16. Al inflar la botella vacía, especialmente cuando se utiliza una Scuba, si el regulador no está en 0 bar, se deforma y no cierra correctamente generando arrastre.
2) Luego de hacer mantención, ya sea si usas el mismo oring o uno nuevo, debes dejar el regulador en cero (desenroscar el perno allen), montar las piezas ajustadas (sin juego, apretando el pin que sibresale del regulado), instalar el regulador en la botella, llenando de aire la botella. Comenzar a subir la presión del regulador lentamente. Para asegurar sellado, dispare unas 4 veces seguidas y verifique. Si está bien, suba el regulador a la presión definitiva.
3) Al cambiar el oring número 16 del esquema, la medida debe ser precisa. Debe tener un espesor de 1,5 mm. Si es mayor a 1.5 mm la presión del regulador comenzará a disminuir antes de que la presión de la botella llegue a la presión del regulador. Si es menor a 1.5 mm la presión del regulador comenzará a aumentar mientras está sin uso.
4) Finalmente, aplicando lo anterior, logro arraste máximo 5 bares al pasar unos días (semana).

Espero le sirva a alguien esta información.
Saludos a todos....excepto a RTI:ROFLMAO:

Captura de Pantalla 2024-01-31 a la(s) 15.47.44.png

I am sure he said something important . ???
I was thinking about when the P2 was about to be released and I called RTI and I was complaining about the price increase over the P1, I was told you are getting the best and the fineset in parts on a super shooting gun, And now they want to sell me a P3 , LOL I don't think so, My P1 has been like a hammer, So has my Veterans, Crickets, Vulcans, Uragans, RTI is not getting my money again not on the P2 platform ,,

I am sure he said something important . ???
I was thinking about when the P2 was about to be released and I called RTI and I was complaining about the price increase over the P1, I was told you are getting the best and the fineset in parts on a super shooting gun, And now they want to sell me a P3 , LOL I don't think so, My P1 has been like a hammer, So has my Veterans, Crickets, Vulcans, Uragans, RTI is not getting my money again not on the P2 platform ,,
I don’t blame you, I was wanting a p3. I am glad I didn’t get one. I was going to sell my p1, but just decided to keep it. Other than the reg creep, that gun is always spot on.

Just for info. Anyone finding the regulator recovery painfully slow, or degassing very slow, it may be because when the reg/bottle unit is screwed into the block there is no clearance at the end. The nozzle can butt up completely to the bottom of the block hole, virtually sealing it. I ground a shallow channel in the adapter end so the air can get out.

IMG_4430.JPG

Just for info. Anyone finding the regulator recovery painfully slow, or degassing very slow, it may be because when the reg/bottle unit is screwed into the block there is no clearance at the end. The nozzle can butt up completely to the bottom of the block hole, virtually sealing it. I ground a shallow channel in the adapter end so the air can get out.

View attachment 462820
Could you show a picture of the groove you installed?