Has anyone ever purchased *parts* from Taipan?

Parts - ie; trigger assemblies, hammers, the main block itself. Parts - not accessories.

I broke my Taipan. {sigh} Yeah . . . . I literally broke it. I decided that I wanted to have a go at / experiment with the 700mm barrel again and when snugging it up into the block I (apparently) turned into King Kong and applied a bit to much torque and, well ... see attached image. This gun is literally unusable. Friggin' bummer.

messed_up_my_22Taipan_block.1631993643.JPG

In this video at the 1:00 in mark he picks up the "main body" - the block. I'm hoping I can purchase that. Ideally I'd like to get the entire thing - obviously the block but the guts inside of it too - the cocking lever, trigger assembly, transfer port, valve, etc .... the whole enchilada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8qcvqd8_No&t=0s,

So . . . . do any of you know of someone "on the inside" @Taipan that I could reach out to, or have any of you ever been able to buy parts for yours? If so -- who or where?

I'm pretty sure it'd be futile to search the classifieds as no one in their right frame of mind wants to sell their Taipan. ( lol ) (( BUT IF YOU DO . . . .22 SPECIFICALLY . . . LET ME KNOW!!!!! ))

Parts - ie; trigger assemblies, hammers, the main block itself. Parts - not accessories.

I broke my Taipan. {sigh} Yeah . . . . I literally broke it. I decided that I wanted to have a go at / experiment with the 700mm barrel again and when snugging it up into the block I (apparently) turned into King Kong and applied a bit to much torque and, well ... see attached image. This gun is literally unusable. Friggin' bummer.

messed_up_my_22Taipan_block.1631993643.JPG

In this video at the 1:00 in mark he picks up the "main body" - the block. I'm hoping I can purchase that. Ideally I'd like to get the entire thing - obviously the block but the guts inside of it too - the cocking lever, trigger assembly, transfer port, valve, etc .... the whole enchilada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8qcvqd8_No&t=0s,

So . . . . do any of you know of someone "on the inside" @Taipan that I could reach out to, or have any of you ever been able to buy parts for yours? If so -- who or where?

I'm pretty sure it'd be futile to search the classifieds as no one in their right frame of mind wants to sell their Taipan. ( lol ) (( BUT IF YOU DO . . . .22 SPECIFICALLY . . . LET ME KNOW!!!!! ))

Drill and tap for an @ 8-32 0r 10-32 set screw ( From the top ) that anchors the Thimble / o-ring carrier. Dimple the thimble where screw contacts it and don't over tighten barrel ... and use some thread sealant when putting in barrel ..... FIXED !! 

It's a little difficult to see from the picture and the video, but I'm thinking that if you are not able to purchase the entire main block, perhaps you could bore it out and install a bushing with all the appropriate threads and dimensions? Of course you'd have to know someone who has access to machine tools, so it may not be the most viable idea.

Personally, I'd give it a go, but then again I have access to a lathe and a milling machine. And if I didn't, I'd pack that rifle up and send it back to the factory/warranty center with a note explaining just exactly what happened. Let them know you absolutely expect to pay to have it repaired and they'll probably fix it. Sure, it'll cost a bit, but you won't have to buy a whole new rifle.

Hey all -- I've met another member of our AGN clan that is relatively local to where I live and he saw this thread and curiosity had him chomping at the bit ( with pretty much the same question as everyone else has said - lol ) " . . . what did you do? How the heck did you do that?!" Better yet though was " . . . I'd like to see this thing so as to get a better view of it / understand whats going on and see what we might be able to do with it."

I'm like "Where do you live? I'll be right there before you even hang up the phone . . .! " 🤣

I get to his house, we meet and discover we have other interests in common besides air rifles AND it turns out - he is an ACE machinist / tool & die maker - and a GOOD one at that. Cutting to the chase - we're going to have a go at Scott's ( @motorhead ) recommendation.

... more to come.

. . . . sort of. My guy ( local AGN fellow shooter and real good machinist / tool & die maker ) has the block and . . . I'll have to ping him to see if he's had opportunity to do anything with it yet. On another front - I messaged Taipan via their facebook page and much to my surprise - someone DID actually respond - asked me to e-mail them at a provided address. I've done so and inquired re: purchasing an entire new block ( trigger assembly, cocking lever, pellet probe, hammer, hammer spring, valve, etc ..... ) I've not heard back yet - still holding out hope that I will. ( Maybe they get a kazillion e-mails a day? Covid? Who knows? )

In the meanwhile . . . . another fellow air gunner from here in our happy little AGN universe messaged me shortly after I posted this with an offer to sell me a .22 Taipan that, well .... I couldn't turn down!! ( yeah ... expensive replacement block . . . ) The one I purchased from him is a standard vs. my (broken) long - but no big deal. I shot it for a little bit as it arrived (in standard form setup to shoot 18g jsb's) but then swapped my long air tube and barrel into it so that I could have my slug shooter back. :) If / when I get my broken block fixed or replaced, then I'll re-assemble the standard and . . . well - I'll have 3 Taipans. ( lol ) one .177 standard, and two .22's - one standard, one long. I'll have to hide one of them out of sight from my wife . . . .