FX Has anyone been able to get their FX to shoot slugs MOA at 100 yards?

It can be done

This arvo...
110yds
Gentle undulating breeze..

Main target ... 6 consecutive 3 shot groups..

.....and 2 exceptional groups.... 3 shot and 5 shot same 110yds distance...

Using NSA 27.5 218" Slugs @ 1060fps..

110yds-3-shot-Grpups-Consec.jpg

110yds--centre-Hold.jpg

110yds-6-o,clock-hold.jpg

110yds.jpg

110yds-4-3-2024.jpg

M3-#1.jpg

M3--#4.jpg

M3--#3.jpg

M3-#2.jpg

100m(109 yds)

FX Maverick 700mm .22, DonnyFL Ronin silencer(best barrel harmonic tuner there is :)
H&N 27gr .218 HP2 Slug @ 995 - 1005fps

Best 5 shot group to date, but almost always about +-1 MOA under good environmental conditions and from bench, front of rifle on tripod and rear of rifle on Sabre Tactical Bench Monopod.

Group at bottom of pic(not measured) is definitely sub MOA @100m, sticker is 25mm diameter:
1709540659023.jpeg

It can be done

This arvo...
110yds
Gentle undulating breeze..

Main target ... 6 consecutive 3 shot groups..

.....and 2 exceptional groups.... 3 shot and 5 shot same 110yds distance...

Using NSA 27.5 218" Slugs @ 1060fps..

View attachment 442183

View attachment 442184

View attachment 442185

View attachment 442186

View attachment 442187

View attachment 442188

View attachment 442189

View attachment 442190

View attachment 442191
Is the reason you don’t run a moderator due to better harmonics?

Ok, it just got even more interesting. Opened one of the latest packs of Zans that I received. Now we have new packaging and a third length. These are 7.94mm long. So my question to all the stellar slug shooters out there is, how serious or knowledgeable is a company like Zan if they think they can do this and customers can enjoy exceptionally consistent accuracy. I promise you that you can’t when you are not feeding your gun the exact same thing every shot. All of these Zans were bought within the last month. Three different freakin lengths in the same weight. And guys wonder why MOA is elusive.

View attachment 441793
Griffins are a little spendier, but the quality is worth it.

What liner Twist Rate? ;)
Std liner that comes with the 700mm version....
My whole Barrel liner, Barrel tube as well as custom machined spacers for the 2 carbon tubes a permantely bonded together...the whole "Barrel Assembly" is effectively one piece..
There is NO tension on any part of the barrel assembly.

Reactions: tibor

Superior @ 1:24, I find this liner best overall, including and up to 30gr H&N HP 2 slugs, I don't shoot heavier than 30gr.

As a side note, I find the 27gr H&N slugs to have a higher BC than 30gr H&N slugs, measured purely by POI on target at distance compared to what Strelok would say I need. This with 40m zero and using factory BC values.

My experience......
My Maverick Compact .25 will shoot 1 moa at 50 yards. 29.5 .249 NSA slugs all day. It opens up to 1.5 moa at 100 yards. Maverick has the superior heavy liner. Now, it might shoot 1 moa, but, I can't shoot 1 moa with it. And I shoot it off a rest, it could be me, or it could be the gun. At 67 with these eyes ( three torn retina ops and one detached retina operation, I don't see well. First reg is at 150 second reg is at 110. I have spent a boat load on getting it to shoot this well. Lots and lots of different slugs. I have a Wildcat mk 3 that loves Crosman Premiers.. I will not go down the slug hole with that one. I will just shoot CPH and leave it at that.

Oh did not mention 901 fps.

Reactions: tibor
I tried SO MANY DIFFERENT SLUGS…ran thru many different types and yet I was never able to get MOA at 100 yards with repeatability (my most accurate being the FX Panthera, but with a self given score of 7/10 in terms of repeatable results at 100 yards).

Has anyone been able to do this with their FX and have it STAY a laser beam with slugs at 100 yards? If so, what slug, gun, tune, and barrel length?
4 10 shots groups to 100 yards 0,92 MOA average with FX Impact M3 .22 800mm 1:16 barrel

2 10 shots groups to 150 yards 0,95 MOA average with FX Panthera .22 700mm 1:16 barrel

Reactions: Maizen
Sadly Steve, I’m almost getting used to it. The airgun industry is just a little sloppy with their tolerances and it causes issues for guys like me. With pellets, they can get away with it and have for years. With slugs I have shot so much unnecessary lead because something was a couple thousandths off. I wish I could be a “that’s good enough“ guy. I think the industry has us almost there if you put in some work or buy certain platforms and use what other guys discovered works best. Then just accept what the gun is capable of and make the most of it. There are better slug gun platforms than others but if their ergonomics don’t appeal to your use, then you have more work cut out for you. I could buy a Panthera and have a better starting slug platform, but I’m not interested in running around in the woods with a harpoon gun. It’s a hobby within a hobby and I try to not get too mad at things like this. I kinda expect them now.
I’m not interested in running around in the woods with a harpoon gun... LMAO

In terms of potentional for extreme accuracy and sub MOA FX is a great platform but need to spend so much money.
In terms of repeatability, i had an M3 now playing with a dynamic and both are terrible with repeatability. Once i had dynamic tuned to shoot 9/10 sub moa but that was in January and till now im just trying to find a solution for the rifle to prevent POI shifts and accuracy change, because the fact that i have to tune again and again all the time when i go shooting to shoot accurate is destroying my enjoyment for shooting. They did the promo like its gonna beat the 22lr and similiar marketing slogans. But right now im getting closer and closer to throw away the FX and never buy again and try some different more promising brand and/or shoot 22lr which in similiar price range as these PCPs can shoot way way better and give better enjoyment for shooting even if i would need to spend money for shooting range. Ofc people who never shot a good 22 will never gonna understand and believe.
Its sad what kind of way this industry moved. A lot of lot of people are getting scamed by the marketing and paid youtubers and recieving disappointment for their money (and not only because non adequate quality but mostly the high expectations built by the promo)
There is not a lot of companies out there right now who seems to build rifles with joy and passion instead of highly profit/business oriented attitude.
Im not stupid, ofc every company is existing because of the generated revenue but hey, do we really want to develop and move the industry forward or just present and promote every new rifle as improvement even if its a step back in terms of shooting results and/or technology.
Its not only about FX already, but they are the strong guy on the market who is creating the trends and forming the market/industry and if other brands see FX is successfull with this attitude they follow it. (not gonna list airgun companies but its already happening)

Reactions: wooferocau
im just trying to find a solution for the rifle to prevent POI shifts and accuracy change, because the fact that i have to tune again and again all the time when i go shooting to shoot accurate is destroying my enjoyment for shooting.

But right now im getting closer and closer to throw away the FX and never buy again and try some different more promising brand
Trust me... i came SO CLOSE to to actually doing that!!

Interesting about the Dynamic. I almost purchased a Panthera thinking it wouldn't be subject to the POI issue like the M3, BUT !!! My local FX dealer advised against it as his own personal Panthera suffers from the same issue !!!
He has since made many mods to try and minimise the issue.

FX needs to implement a better "Barrel" system.. Accuracy of FX is never in question, but repeatability.... well..... It basically "Sucks" !