Has anybody tried a pair of vortex razor binoculars?

Yes, I got the Razor binoculars with rangefinder built into them. I’m very happy with them.
I love the large field of view with the rangefinder. It makes it really easy to get on target fast when ranging at closer range’s. The 10x is especially nice at longer range finding. It let’s you pin down on a smaller point for a more accurate measurement.
I’d describe the glass as very good. On a scale of 1-10, I’d give it a 7.5 of 10 being best. As build, durability and warranty goes, Id give them a 9.5 of 10.
Yes, I would recommend them to a friend.
Mont

Vortex makes great glass.
Athlon Optics Ares Roof Prism UHD Binoculars https://a.co/d/7nVQ1HR
I purchased this Athlon with ED glass...very clear glass, close to a pair of $1000 Mavens I had...sold the Mavens because of that and the Mavens were quite a bit bigger and heavier although the Mavens have Abbe Koenig prisms compared to the Athlons Schmit Pechan prisms. These Athlons are usually 300-400 bucks, now 150.

Reactions: Invincible Moose
Vortex makes great glass.
Athlon Optics Ares Roof Prism UHD Binoculars https://a.co/d/7nVQ1HR
I purchased this Athlon with ED glass...very clear glass, close to a pair of $1000 Mavens I had...sold the Mavens because of that and the Mavens were quite a bit bigger and heavier although the Mavens have Abbe Koenig prisms compared to the Athlons Schmit Pechan prisms. These Athlons are usually 300-400 bucks, now 150.
I just looked at those Athlon Ares bins. That price is near, or below original cost, I am sure. It might be time to replace some old Zen-Rays,...

@rwsmike I bought some 10x42 Vortex OPMOD Diamondback HD binoculars for less than $200 and use them quite a bit in the woods, in the pasture, and around the house.I glass tress during squirrels season, I watch deer and birds. They do pretty good in low light for my intended purposes. Based upon my experience, if I were in the market to upgrade I would consider upper tier bino’s made by Vortex. I particularly like the Vortex VIP warranty. Before upgrading I’d want to read online reviews, watch a couple video reviews, go to a sporting goods store to test them out against other brands before purchasing. I’ve also bought some crappy entry-level Vortex binos and returned them the day after they arrived. I know it’s not exactly what you asked but I hope it helps some. I’m not sure how familiar you are with the brand.

What’s your intended use?

I just looked at those Athlon Ares bins. That price is near, or below original cost, I am sure. It might be time to replace some old Zen-Rays,...
These are similar to the older Zen Rays as in shape but with ED glass. Sightmark also makes a Solitude 7x36 magnesium frame with a massive 477ft FOV for $177...similar to the Athlons, I had a lair of these but gave them to sister in law, also on amazon. Great XD (extra low dispersion) glass.

Reactions: Invincible Moose
I was just curious someone's input on a pair . Thanks
Check out this website, he does awesome, very thorough reviews.

Last edited:
Razors are very good,as are others in that price range,be aware that line was updated a few years ago.Google binoculars,there are quite a few websites that give good info,also be aware that seasoned "birders" require great Binoculars...also about power,when you get older or going to look at something moving 8x is better than 10x....also look for fully multi-coated lens and check out the weight if you are going to be wearing them.
One of the best optics that too many people do not know about is the upper-level Pentax glass,also upper-level Nikons .
Price,yes some of the lesser known brands are good and do go on sell more often,actualy the top tier binos seem to never go on sell.
Bottem line the nicer the nice the higher the price.
good luck on your search.