Tuning Harmonic tuning

With a shroud that threads on a barrel, the tension on the shroud threads probably make no difference. But maybe the distance extending a litle further out can do. But it probably depends on the weight of the mod. A light mod will probably make litle differense, by extending it a few mm. Comparing it to dedicated tuners, the tuners probably has a desent amnount of weight, wich have more impact on the procces. I would guess it would be more effective adding some kind if weight, rather than than moving the moderator a few mm 

Hmm. What simplistic solution for seemingly complicated problem. I guess I never thought moving the mod fwd or back by a mm or 2 would change things much. This is actually really interesting.

I just changed from a 600mm barrel on my M3 to a 700mm and I have the Ronin out front, so barrel tension is certainly a new issue I never had. I already tension the barrel, I'm patiently waiting for Black Arts to release their Impact barrel band and I even considered switching from the Ronin to the Fat Boy with the Air Stripper to cut some weight but the difference was only 1.5 oz.

So obviously the FX harmonic tuner would only add more weight to the front of my barrel. If this works I am sending you a Christmas card.

With a shroud that threads on a barrel, the tension on the shroud threads probably make no difference. But maybe the distance extending a litle further out can do. But it probably depends on the weight of the mod. A light mod will probably make litle differense, by extending it a few mm. Comparing it to dedicated tuners, the tuners probably has a desent amnount of weight, wich have more impact on the procces. I would guess it would be more effective adding some kind if weight, rather than than moving the moderator a few mm

I put a 14x25mm CF barrel over the barrel (just like everyone else who tensioned their barrel) but then I made 25x28mm CF shroud and fitted the air stripper to it in a way where it is the shroud that is tensioning the barrel to the gun, rather than the mod tensioning it. If you have a "floating" shroud I think you may be right, it may not effect it.

The integrated tuner is definitely more advanced considering it has hash big marks, then smaller hash marks in between. I assume it could find a good harmonic position for just about any gun.

My only reservation buying the tuner was what if my current set up already happened to be harmonically tuned? The odds of if being perfectly harmonic are unlikely but if it happens to already be really close and simply adding 1 or 2 O-rings or washer, that would be pretty cool 

Hmm. What simplistic solution for seemingly complicated problem. I guess I never thought moving the mod fwd or back by a mm or 2 would change things much. This is actually really interesting.

I just changed from a 600mm barrel on my M3 to a 700mm and I have the Ronin out front, so barrel tension is certainly a new issue I never had. I already tension the barrel, I'm patiently waiting for Black Arts to release their Impact barrel band and I even considered switching from the Ronin to the Fat Boy with the Air Stripper to cut some weight but the difference was only 1.5 oz.

So obviously the FX harmonic tuner would only add more weight to the front of my barrel. If this works I am sending you a Christmas card.

I did the barrel tensioning with the shroud also and it really werqed out well with the 700mm barrel. Barrel tensioning would likely be better than a barrel band.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/finished-up-on-my-impact-barrel-tension-mod/?referrer=1

I use a huma mod on my taipan, where you can remove or add sections. I believe there is a tiny difference in grouping if I add or remove a section or two. The shortest sections are about 2 cm long. My gun was tuned with x-amount of sections, and I did try adding a couple more, but felt the groups opened up a lilte, so I went back to the sections I used when I tuned the gun. It can be hard to be sure if is the change done on the mod, or if it is just the wind picking up, or slowing down some, as the difference often is small. But I guess one have to use what feels right. 

If you make the shroud a tiny bit longer it will tighten down and put tension on the barrel. See the link above.