• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Harmonic tuner

Just as my own personal opinion, I was a bit disappointed seeing FX (the main sponsor of RMAC) allow just a certain few of their team members to compete with the harmonic barrel tuner, which is still unavailable for everyone to purchase. Not only were they able to have one to compete with, but had it long enough to tune their guns for it. Not very good PR.

Hehe yeah that is also a way to look at it, though i do very much hope the guns already shoot straight, but some pursue straighter and will happily pay for that.

Some here also drive 250.000 DKkr cars, i have once paid that much for a car, and TBH i had to work hard to forget that ( due to taxes it is 2 X more than the same car would cost just about anywhere ) And it was hard even if i was a pothead in those days. Now my tiny 5 door hatchback ( almost micro car ) do just fine for me as i dont think my ride define me in any way, and best thing it cost less than half of that.

What i a expensive additional purchase today is part of next years default package,,,,, at least that is how it is with many things.

My little car dont even have aircon or a radio it is that cheap, but before they stopped selling that model here it did have aircon and a radio and was 20 % cheaper,,,, and that was just 5 years or so later. :-(

Yeah not tremendous expensive, doable on my meager pension.

But first i want to try some things myself that should be substantially cheaper, the main objective is to get the best possible shooting gun, and even if i am forced to use .177 i still think even on 100 M i will be able to enjoy myself, at least on a day with reasonable weather.

I have contemplated making my own moderator ( again, i did those for PB way back in the 80ties ) but it all depend on access to a lathe and a milling machine for a day or so.

One think i do hope FX have learned from this at least ( harmonic tuner / inline crono ) is to put a more realistic release date on things, cuz "Summer 2021" that ended 6 days ago in Denmark and we are now into fall 2021.

And that would have been okay, i can wait just fine, but when someone make a promise and dont keep it, that is something i have a HUGE problem dealing with, hence why i myself are very - very careful making promises, CUZ otherwise i would be a politician,,,, and i like to be a better person than that.

I dont think it moderate too, it ( inline crono ) is "extremely" small, and if it is also to house a PCB with some electronics and 2 sensors + a battery, then you have very little room to strip air in a manner i would assume to be usable.

TBH i do not understand why the inline crono was not made in a moderator, even if that meant as a Dane procuring one would necessitate a visit to the police to get the permit for the moderator.

I would have made a moderator where harmonics tuner and inline crono was upgrades to the moderator, even if that would probably take a bit off the top of its moderating abilities, just make more sense to me as a Dane ( we have a thing for simple design in this country ) so i sort of wish barrel shrouds was a larger diameter, so the moderator in the end of it was the same thickness.

It is nice when things fall in order and work together making things better, but i get even more happy when things also look the part and not just a part of many parts.

Just as my own personal opinion, I was a bit disappointed seeing FX (the main sponsor of RMAC) allow just a certain few of their team members to compete with the harmonic barrel tuner, which is still unavailable for everyone to purchase. Not only were they able to have one to compete with, but had it long enough to tune their guns for it. Not very good PR.

I don’t think it’s bad PR, car makes debut new racing tech all the time that people can’t buy, some makes it to mass production cars some don’t and don’t think anyone think that’s bad PR. Marketing is certain at play here. 

also don’t think Keith who won the big prize had one on his gun from the pictures. 

FWIW, I've found not only that harmonic tuners can improve accuracy remarkably, but you don't have to spend $500 for a good one. Mine cost $000.10, and after installing and tuning it I not only won my next field target match (overall high score several points clear of all competitors in all classes), but in doing so beat two other National Champions. No brag,; just fact. 

I could disclose where to find this particular harmonic tuner model... but then I'd have to kill you! You might have to enlarge the photo to see it; even then it's easily mistaken for a rubber o-ring.

Ron RFT.1630949875.jpg

You're Welcome, 

Og