• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hard Air Rifle Targets

Rubber tile spacers from Lowes/Menards/hardware dealer. 1/4" in size, cross shape, I bought them in bright orange for $3-4 per pack of hundreds. Shoot for the center of the cross or try to put a pellet in each arm. reusable (to a point), no deflections or ricochets. When using open sights the color aids in targeting and they are small enough to remain a challenge at 10m even with a scope.

You've posted about having to go to the gun range to shoot. If that's still true you'll prob want paper targets. For 10m I use the NRA rifle and pistol targets but there is no shortage of online target collections you can print for free a couple at a time. Pyramid Air under accessories/targets has pages of options to purchase. There is a thread here on AGN with a ton of printable targets. So search PA for ideas. Here or online for printable targets. I use the NRA official targets so I can judge my (poor) results against a common target used in local gun clubs all the way to the Olympics. Or, draw dots on a piece of paper/cardboard.

I got rid of my old account because I was getting so much response to my forum topics it was to much to keep up with.

You don't 'need' to respond to them all just read (after searching the forums for you interests) and learn. There is a wealth of info here and elsewhere M.ost folks who bother to get involved want to help. We like airguns and airgun shooters

2 and 3 what? Inches? At 10m? Find a target, any target, you can shoot at, and learn to hit it at 10y, then 15y and so on. Heck, do it foot by foot. Stuff a shipping box with paper or old cloths and tape a piece of paper to it and draw a dot.

I'm rooting for you but it takes time, not 3-4 shots , to learn to shoot a gun. And not at a few feet.... get used to what ever your using and take it out in small increment to as far as you can go. 

Don't make it complicated. Shoot at a leaf or bag of mulch in a box if nothing else.

2 and 3 what? Inches? At 10m? Find a target, any target, you can shoot at, and learn to hit it at 10y, then 15y and so on. Heck, do it foot by foot. Stuff a shipping box with paper or old cloths and tape a piece of paper to it and draw a dot.

I'm rooting for you but it takes time, not 3-4 shots , to learn to shoot a gun. And not at a few feet.... get used to what ever your using and take it out in small increment to as far as you can go. 

Don't make it complicated. Shoot at a leaf or bag of mulch in a box if nothing else.

no at like 3 to 5 feet. the 397 I had shot high with factory sights not set. I don't have the targets anymore so I never used them with my Sheridan 2260mb. I will never buy those targets again.

This is one of my favorite indoor airgun targets... I tape it to the front of a cardboard box that is a little bigger than the 8'x11" paper target.

I pack cloth rags inside the box (usually only about 4-5 inches deep)... Once the front of the box gets a lot of holes, I tape a flattened cardboard cereal box to the front, and I'm good to go for more shooting.

I like shooting 3 shot groups at each diamond circle, but sometimes just shoot once at each.

Not sure how to attach photos, so I'll see how this works...

Ken H in OH

download.png
1560809755_10404738255d08111b1edfe0.99495700_Small Circles 80 in Diamond.jpg

This is one of my favorite indoor airgun targets... I tape it to the front of a cardboard box that is a little bigger than the 8'x11" paper target.

I pack cloth rags inside the box (usually only about 4-5 inches deep)... Once the front of the box gets a lot of holes, I tape a flattened cardboard cereal box to the front, and I'm good to go for more shooting.

I like shooting 3 shot groups at each diamond circle, but sometimes just shoot once at each.

Not sure how to attach photos, so I'll see how this works...

Ken H in OH

download.png
1560809755_10404738255d08111b1edfe0.99495700_Small Circles 80 in Diamond.jpg

Thanks. I seen that. I can only shoot at a indoor shooting range so I need paper targets only.

Well "used to Be"

If you are asking about the most difficult target then the standard 10 meter target is it. I have shot a lot of rifle disciplines and IN MY OPINION 10 meter air rifle is the most difficult. If anyone thinks that target is not difficult they should immediately try out for the Olympics!

Rick

The people who think a standard 10 meter target is easy are using scopes and a rest. They are not really shooting "10 meter".

Well "used to Be"

If you are asking about the most difficult target then the standard 10 meter target is it. I have shot a lot of rifle disciplines and IN MY OPINION 10 meter air rifle is the most difficult. If anyone thinks that target is not difficult they should immediately try out for the Olympics!

Rick

The people who think a standard 10 meter target is easy are using scopes and a rest. They are not really shooting "10 meter".

Yeah I doubt I could hit 10 meters without a scope on my air rifle. Here is a link to the targets I bought today. https://airgundepot.com/crosman-varmint-targets.html

I might not be able to even hit those varmint targets. I will try those at the 10 yard marker standing. they don't have a marker for 10 meters at the shooting range I go to. I can always try to put them out a yard farther but there is no way to measure it. it's a indoor shooting range I go to. it's the closest one by me that lets air guns shoot there. It's a point blank shooting range. They don't even charge me rifle range prices for my air gun . They charge me pistol range time instead so I save some money. it's 12 bucks for a half a hour for pistols. they charge me that for my air rifle to. 

Pretty much all my airgun shooting is for fun, and I prefer re-active targets, like this magnetic knockdown ducks target, which is great for lower to medium powered air rifles and pistols for indoor shooting.

But of course I also have paper targets and one with duct seal that I put together many years ago, which is great for 10 meter shooting.

I shoot anywhere from 7 feet to 42 feet in my indoor basement range.

For outdoors, my favorite targets are my bell targets,one that I bought years ago from Frank Bobbio, and recent ones that I made myself from an IBM school alarm bell... and field targets... exploding targets are fun too, but not as easily purchased these days, so I save the ones I have for special occasions.

1560897892_14188625625d096964866310.91758229_Airgun Basement Targets.jpg

1560897939_18753078505d0969932f5f42.86332017_Frank Bobbio Bell Target-3.JPG

1560897986_9367082545d0969c20ce262.01934607_IBM Bell for Airgun Bell Target-13.JPG

1560898007_1651334595d0969d7aba352.46218233_IBM Bell for Airgun Bell Target-16.JPG