Harbor Freight Rifle case deal.

It is heavy, I have my Red Wolf in it. I hate to lug it around. It is well built and very solid, but you need the wheels to get it around. :)

Smitty
I just bought two Cobra double gun soft cases and was impressed with the padding and protection that they give. Dvor had them on sale so it was under $70 for both. I'm still thinking about hard cases but in a way they present another packing into a car challenge.

Threads like this one are a lot more helpful if you provide a link? For those interested, I THINK this is the case the OP is referring to?:

Years ago I bought a SKB at Cabelas. Funny but I was at a match last week and another guy had the same case. We both said it was the best case for carrying to matches. It is a hard case, foam lined, but is is relativly light, and very wide. I use it for a match Anschutz, and I can keep the buttplate installed. I know it could fit 2 sporter type rifle. Anyway it is my favorite case for local matches. I have some heavy cases, and I never use them.

Reactions: L.Leon
Like said, they are heavy and big but all depends what you want. If you want throw it off a cliff keep your gun safe this is it. Much higher quality in my opinion than Plano.
Thankfully since it has wheels it is possible to drag it to the cliff (if there is a sidewalk to it). Because if it hasn't been mentioned yet it's .... 😆

Allen

Reactions: Smitty911
1678217926969.png

PRODUCT WEIGHT: 22.65 LBS. I guess the length is a consideration too. It may not fit into your car very easily. I may still get one, I don't travel. Not at the moment anyway. I only shoot in my backyard. I just like the idea of storing my rifles in hard cases.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Here's an aftermarket solid foam insert I've used on my two 9800's. Much better than the pluck foam

Don’t know I wouldn’t call anything about the case flimsy. I can say after checking it against a Plano in the same day the Plano is much cheaper construction. I didn’t end up buying one as it’s just a bit too long for what I need.

My thoughts exactly. I have no clue what cases @Godlike1125 is using that make the Apache 9800 feel flimsy, but I have two and they're impressively sturdy. They currently hold 10+ lb precision centerfire rifles with no worries.

Reactions: Trucker3573