Hanging up the HW30s for squirrel duty

and Jeremy, while we are on the subject of appropriateness of energy to quary, why did you title the thread, 'Hanging up the HW30s for squirrel duty"

Then you say this:
  • "I made a perfect head shot on it with my HW30s. Right in the eye. (but didn’t pop it) Knocked it off of the feeder. It was just laying there. The pellet didn’t exit. There was blood coming out from around the eye and out of the nose. It twitched a bit at first, but it was breathing normally. It had some reaction when I poked it. I waited a minute and watched. (might be nerves?) But it kept breathing normally. I think I brain-damaged it. I put another one right in the top of the skull, and that did it.That’s enough wounding of these little guys for me. 6 FPE just isn’t quite enough to reliably kill squirrels, even with good head shots. I’m thinking about the Vortek kit for it, which will raise the power to 8 FPE. I think that’ll make the difference, for head shots. But for now, that gun’s back to target and plinking duty. The old trusty Marauder’s coming back upstairs for pest duty until I get the TX200 shooting the way I want it to. I think 12 FPE will be about right. Plenty of power, but not excessive, and good accuracy."

Then you do a 180 turn and start to justify the energy level again? What changed, Jeremy? Is this thread about you deciding what is humane, you gathering enough experience to figure out what is humane, or you trying to make points with people who have already figured out what is humane?

A number of people have given you good advice in this thread... TAKE IT. Target rifles are for shooting paper.