• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Handpumping PCPs to 5.000 psi

Have any of you thought of putting some gears between a stationary bicycle and the main piston of a Hong Heng, i.e. a stationary-bicycle air compressor?

I imagine something like that, or maybe a rowing machine, would be a great way to go.
Been saying it for years now, if a company would come out with a rowing machine with dual pumps I would be all over it in a millisecond.

I'm imaging it now, a home-gym repurposed for refilling your pcp's, each day you can work out a different muscle group.

Stationary bike. Row machine. Elliptical. Treadmill. Make refilling pcp's fun.

Also I think pcp pumps are better suited for shorter people with very healthy backs, being tall with a bad back is just not ideal for hand pumping!

-Matt

Lol.. this manga Dr stone there a part that there trying to fill a tank and the leverage needed to do it .. like 3 guys hanging off a 100' pole pump handle ..lol

About 1/2 way down the page of the comic

I'm imaging it now, a home-gym repurposed for refilling your pcp's, each day you can work out a different muscle group.

Stationary bike. Row machine. Elliptical. Treadmill. Make refilling pcp's fun.

Also I think pcp pumps are better suited for shorter people with very healthy backs, being tall with a bad back is just not ideal for hand pumping!

-Matt
To make it economically viable you'd want a home gym where the output of each exercise device could be input into a few different machines. Battery charger, compressor, etc. Call it something like the Apocalypse Gym.

To make it economically viable you'd want a home gym where the output of each exercise device could be input into a few different machines. Battery charger, compressor, etc. Call it something like the Apocalypse Gym.

Something like this would be nifty where the output is transferred into energy stored for a compressor! Lol. Tonal home gym:

1699549759856.png

Well hopefully it would at least turn out to be as unbreakable as people say Hill pumps are.
Not even close,

I had 8 HILLs in my Airgunning time and all developed severe pitting on the main tube farely quickly, all needed rebuilds within 6 months or so and continually after that. ( and a rebuild kit cost as much as a China pump )

My 5-6 year old China wander looks a shiny and clean as it did on day one and all I had to do to it was to change the check valve ( literally a 2 minutes job ) 2 or maybe 3 times.

Reactions: JDGriz
I have a cheap Umarex handpump that can go up to 300 bar, but I've never gone past 250 since I stopped using it after I got my compressor. I might try it on my GK1 some time.

I only weigh about 66kg (143 pounds) so I really have to put my entire weight on that handle when I get into that 200-250 bar range. Not sure If 300 is physically possible for a tiny dude like me. Not with a pump like this one anyway.

Something like this would be nifty where the output is transferred into energy stored for a compressor! Lol. Tonal home gym:

View attachment 404637

Yeah, maybe something like that.

I wonder if anyone would like to brainstorm a little on this. I doubt such an item would be a fantastic money maker, but perhaps we could make something we'd all like to have.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Yeah, maybe something like that.

I wonder if anyone would like to brainstorm a little on this. I doubt such an item would be a fantastic money maker, but perhaps we could make something we'd all like to have.

If the system were really efficient, supposedly an hour on a exercise bike generates around .11 kwh. Definitely a noteworthy amount of energy. I bet it would be a fun project.

Even if you arranged the system to cycle a manual compressor/hand pump, it would sure beat the heck out of hand pumping the traditional way!

I'd could even see a system that uses nothing more than leverage, no different than comparing bolt action (traditional hand pumping motion) vs a side lever.

-Matt

I have a cheap Umarex handpump that can go up to 300 bar, but I've never gone past 250 since I stopped using it after I got my compressor. I might try it on my GK1 some time.

I only weigh about 66kg (143 pounds) so I really have to put my entire weight on that handle when I get into that 200-250 bar range. Not sure If 300 is physically possible for a tiny dude like me. Not with a pump like this one anyway.
I'm 145 pounds so yes definitely duable