• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Handpump for a 250 bar fill?

While I haven't used a manual/hand pump in years..
I just checked out the rifle you mentioned, and IMO, I think it's absolutely doable.
It'll be a bit more pumping to build up to the extra pressure, but, the over all volume of the air cylinder isn't bad..

It's when you try to hand-pump bottle guns and/or larger capacity air tanks that you really need to start to worry.

🙂👍 

Sam -

I hand pumped my FX crown .22 all the way to 250bar. Real pain lol. It’s doable. And I did it with cheap Chinese pump. Now I’m using Omega Trail Charger. Worth the investment! 

As far as difficulty, you do have to use a lot of force. I am 6ft tall and weigh 215 lbs. from 230-250 bar I had to straighten my arms and push down with all my weight. Not hard to do 10-15times. 20-30 times gets annoying lol. With the smaller cylinder in the regal, you shouldn’t have a problem doing it as long as you got the weight to push down on that pump. 

Most hand pump will go up to 4500 psi. It's not about filling higher pressure that you need to worry about. It's the volume. Its easier to fill a 200 cc bottle to 4500 psi than to fill a 500 cc bottle to 3000 psi. Once you hit about 3000 psi it's getting be hard to pump but lock you arms and use your weight. Not really hard to get to 4500 psi if your tank is small.

I sure admire you all that are able to hand pump I sure wish I could, for the sole reason that it kills me to stare at my Hill MK4 that I bought and only used 3 times just staring at me in the face every time I go into my man cave. I stupidly let my high school ego get the best of me(I’m 56 now, lol) when I bought it 2 years ago, thinking even with 5 back surgeries I could still do it. No wussy here, I thought, till after the 3rd time I realized I screwed up by ordering it. Then someone here on AGN said these words- “the time it takes to pump sure takes away from the fun of shooting” so I ran with it and bought me a tank, then later on a compressor.

Still really admire you hand pumping folks. I’m gonna put up my pump for sale one of these days.