Handling .177 pellets with bad mitts and eyes...tips and tricks please

I'm slowly getting away from 177 because of this reason. Too many dropped or reverse loaded pellets. 22 and 25 just drop right in the mags.

My only 177 I'm keeping is a single shot crosman 2240 bottle gun with a 1720 barrel. Probably move that gun off after I run out of the pellets for it. I can hit my pest birds with 22 or 25 just as easy. I can drop the power back on them for less pass thru if needed for an indoor shoot.

Here is sort of an example of what I meant. You could even glue the tube to a piece of wood or plastic to get a 90 degree angle. Patient Pending.

IMG_1693.jpg

It helps when the pellets are arranged in a way you can grab them correctly. I arranged some in foam pads to help me grab them on my bad days.

20230128_143106.jpg

I got these off of some packaging. Hit me up if you like me to send you a couple. Single loading will also help if you have a gun that allows easy single loading.

Allen

Forget-about-it,have the same problem loading .177,Get a .22 and be done with it,there are plenty of good .22 air pistols and rifles >.beleive me I have the same problems loading .177 pellet ,why torture yourself,it is not worth it...on the other hand if you need to use .177 because of competition make sure you have a large loading port,another thing is to use high rings. And it ain;t going to get better,the Big A is stating to interfer with my feel.
I have tried to use tweezers another pain in the aSS.....FORGETABOUTIT Get a larger pellet .

Reactions: AmosBurton