• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand pumps

Hill Mark V with the moisture separator. It’s great. If you live in a humid area, the cheap pumps with an inline moisture filter won’t cut it.

I also have the latest "Hill" pump. As far as use and filling the gun, they work fine. Is your heart in good shape ?

The above note...the "moisture separator" on that pump is all but useless. The humidity would have to be above 75% for it to do anything. It also does NOTHING to dry the air going from the pump to the gun.

The user "needs to be" cognizant that as you pump, the compressed air will build heat the higher the pressure gets. I've found that about 40 to 45 pumps will heat the lower part of the pump. So...I stop for a few minutes, let the pump cool, then pump another 40 or 45 pumps, and on.

Heat and pressure equal moisture as the air cools, that's just nature, nothing you can do about it other than add an expensive separator, "BETWEEN" the pump and the gun, or...go slowly.

Many will tell you the same thing with an external tank..."fill slowly". I do.

Mike

Don't do it. Jump over and read around:

https://www.airgunnation.com/forum/accessories/air-tanks-pumps-compressors-filters/

Had the 1st model Hill (what a pile o trash but that was way back when) , have had 2 FX both did a lot of pumping.

Wouldn't even consider one these day's. Though I paid $100 then the Vevor pump is 100% + (never touched a wrench sealing fittings so +) the pump either of the 2 better known names sell.

Picked up an on sale $25.00 delivered cheap pump this year , just because. Hand thight all fitting, opo in the included dead head and filled line to 4,500psi and let it 10 minutes w/out issue then lubed all spares (included) and stored it perhaps to include in a local sale.

Do research low cost hand pump longevity before you spend scope & pellet money on anything else.

John

vevor https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Airgun-Pressure-Stirrup-4500PSI/dp/B078V1RM4F