• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand pumping,ain't easy ,ain't hard...

Usually takes 60 to 70 pumps to get to 3000psi from about 1800psi;the other day I had to pump 100 strokes,yea that took I am guessing 10 minutes;I need to keep my breath for shooting.

What I do is 40 pumps,then 20 pumps...I do not want to get too winded.Anyhow I usually do 2or 3 PCP at a time....none of them hold a lot of air and all butt one gets at least 25 shots before it is down to 2000psi..... according to air gun gage,I use a Hill pump.

I weigh about 177lbs.....so far I do not mind hand pumping and it helps with my sex life..LOL,just kidding.

boscobrea,

I used to hand pump my tube guns until I built a couple of bottle guns. Built for increased shot count and power. Now I can still fill these with a hand pump but a 500 cc or 580 cc bottle just about kills me. Literally takes hundreds of pumps. Too tired to shoot after filling these with a hand pump, lol. Sure hope my 12 volt compressor holds up. 

I would not want to do over a hundred pumps for one PCP , to fill all four of mine from say 1800 to 3000psi would be a little less than 300 pumps and I never have or could fill all four at one time....ya a big bottle rifle=time for some big help..I hope someday soon we all will be able to get a reliable compressor for under $600....and I mean reliable for years,,ya wishful thinking....ok $800.

Yes all these little hpa compressors are made in china and can be purchased for 1/3 of the price of these airgun dealers here who buy them from china themselves. I bought a knockoff Y/H on ebay for 150 bucks and have gotten a year out of it filling a very large C/F bottle (106cu/ft) for a year now. Its extremely fast too! 20mins from 225bar-300bar. Probably would fill a bottle gun in a couple minutes.

Hand pumping has never been an issue for me because I have just been shooting 10 meter targets at very low power until I got my Huben K1 which demands 4500 psi. Sold the Hill pump and got a Yong Heng at about $200 with all extra filtering included. Have been using it for a year with no problem . All these are just toys so I really don't need them to be very reliable, if they work at a reasonable mean time to failure rate ( considering the cost, may be once a year ? ), I am OK with it. 

My next purchase will be a compressor to fill my refill tank. I pumped for 6 years and though I did not mind it much and in fact will still pump my Ocelot and Leshiy now and then. With my larger tube airguns I only do it to top them off when the refill tank starts to get low. Now back when all I did was pump it got old and I felt like I was waisting time pumping and not shooting.