Hand pump?

I have used 5, FX(2 different gen.), Hill (1st AWFUL gen.) Benjamin (such trash) and the Vevor purchased back when Mike M. was working with PA on such items. Same as the original "G4" - I am not current tho- the best of the lot buy a long shot. Easier smoother pumping and never an issue in 7 years.
https://www.vevor.com/pcp-pump-c_11...6833&msclkid=488845a58be71ff7f96e21fd3dfe961a

John
Yeah, today to spend more the -/+ 50 bucks for a handpump is foolish, the generic China pump is by far the best bang for the buck out there.

Reactions: Trucker3573
I just bought the GX, H4 Hand pump off of Amazon about a month ago and it's been working like a charm with no problems or leaks whatsoever. It only take me about 85 pumps to top up from 140 Bars to 240 Bar. That's less than 5 minutes of exercise. Other hand pumps from China I've used like the Vevor or Four Uncles will require more pumps(95-120 pumps for a 100 Bar fill).

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I just bought the GX, H4 Hand pump off of Amazon about a month ago and it's been working like a charm with no problems or leaks whatsoever. It only take me about 85 pumps to top up from 140 Bars to 240 Bar. That's less than 5 minutes of exercise. Other hand pumps from China I've used like the Vevor or Four Uncles will require more pumps(95-120 pumps for a 100 Bar fill).
Aha! That's the difference that needs to be spoken of🎩🤙

Aha! That's the difference that needs to be spoken of🎩🤙
The more I use this new pump, the more i'm liking it. It's a bit heavier than the other made in China pumps, but less strokes are required to top up. The pump feels very sturdy and solid and it's become my number one go to pump. The Four uncles pump has become the back-up. Funny thing is, the GX Pump is now $110.00 Canadian and the Four Uncles is $215.00 on Amazon.

• Love
The more I use this new pump, the more i'm liking it. It's a bit heavier than the other made in China pumps, but less strokes are required to top up. The pump feels very sturdy and solid and it's become my number one go to pump. The Four uncles pump has become the back-up. Funny thing is, the GX Pump is now $110.00 Canadian and the Four Uncles is $215.00 on Amazon.
I remember the first time I hand pumped. heard all the horror stories n such. Went at it.
Not bad at all compared to other exercises 🤷‍♂️🎩🤙

I remember the first time I hand pumped. heard all the horror stories n such. Went at it.
Not bad at all compared to other exercises 🤷‍♂️🎩🤙
Yes, it's pretty easy once you attain the correct technique by locking your elbows on the downstroke and dropping all your body weight as you descend with the added knee bend. I struggled at the beginning when I first started pumping because I was using the wrong technique. Mind you, my PCP has a 150cc air cylinder, so each fill is 100-110Bar (1450-1595 psi) since my regulator is set at 130 BAR and I fill to 240. 80 to 85 strokes on my GX, H4 pump will do the job, but the other inexpensive hand pumps will take roughly 100-130 strokes. I weigh 170 lbs & exercise on a regular basis so my body is use to strenuous work.
On the flip side, for someone who is 140 lbs or less, they're going to have a difficult time with the pump; especially as they get up to about 3,000 psi. At the same time, if they're PCP has a big air bottle, the hand pump route might be a very difficult task and I wouldn't encourage it. The air compressor or scuba tanks would be a better option.

I bought the gx h-4 and received it Wednesday afternoon. The pump is solid and heavy, since it’s the only one I’ve seen or handled I can’t compare it to any other.
I tried pressure testing it according to the instructions and seems to work fine.
The pressure gauge has some white froth/scum stuck to the inside of the glass which makes it very difficult to read.
I’ve tried contacting the company without any response so far.
Anybody have any experience with this problem? I would prefer to clean it if possible.
Thanks, Fred

• Sad
Reactions: megiddo65
I bought the gx h-4 and received it Wednesday afternoon. The pump is solid and heavy, since it’s the only one I’ve seen or handled I can’t compare it to any other.
I tried pressure testing it according to the instructions and seems to work fine.
The pressure gauge has some white froth/scum stuck to the inside of the glass which makes it very difficult to read.
I’ve tried contacting the company without any response so far.
Anybody have any experience with this problem? I would prefer to clean it if possible.
Thanks, Fred
My GX,H4 pump came with a defective seal on the pressure gauge. When I did the pressure test, it spewed glycerin all over the carpet as the black, rubber plug on the gauge dislodged with the high pressure. I contacted Amazon and sent them pictures and they said that the gauge was a defect. They contacted the seller to send me a new one within a week and a half. My GX pump now functions flawlessly. I have 3 China made hand pumps in my collection and the GX is hands down the best of the 3. It is solid and sturdy, and requires less strokes to fill the PCP. They will take a day or 2 to reply back. Since it's brand new, I would just ask for a new gauge. Good Luck.

GX responded and will be sending me a replacement gauge tomorrow.
Communication is rough because of the time difference I think. I send text to them in the afternoon and they respond the next morning. I also almost missed some because it went to junk rather than inbox.
Wei is their communicator and very pleasant and helpful.
Fred
Yeah, I always check my spam e-mails just in case a message went there. When you thread these pressure gauges onto the base of the pump, make sure not to overtighten them. I cracked the gasket in one of my pumps because I overtightened.

Thank you for your suggestion megi, I’ll watch out for over tightening. By the way, what kind of gasket is it?
Fred
It's a white colour plastic seal. Luckily the pump came with an extra one. What I do now with any new pump is hand tighten the pressure gauge first and if there's any leak during the pressure test, I'll lightly tighten with the provided spanner or wrench.