• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand Pump ?

I pump up my Atomic XR and it has a 60cc cyclinder. It takes 50 pumps to get me to 250 BAR. I do it because I can. I would say to you that while it might be doable, it will be very hard and can take the fun out of your shooting, Particularly if you shoot a lot or like to tune your gun… My bottle gun gets filled from an SCBA or directly from my compressor.

If you weigh 185 lb or more and don't mind working up a sweat you will pump and then give it a short rest and then pump some more because you don't want to overheat the pump or yourself.
After a year of pumping I got a young hang compressor. Then I got an scba tank. Then I got another gun and realize that the young hang compressor with one cylinder is working awfully hard and takes too long to fill the tank so I sold it and bought a twin cylinder compressor.
The hand pump sits in the corner very lonely now :)
If you plan on pumping past 3,500 you'll start looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger when he was young!

Reactions: mikeairguns
Like dragon above, I would advise taking breaks to let the pump cool down on the initial fill for sure. After that you will rarely use more than half the fill, or at least I don't. I top off 200 cc tanks with mine all the time. It's easy for me but I'm 6'1 and 240lb. I'm currently filling 10 or 11 (I can never remember) PCPs and hpa converted airguns with a hand pump.