• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand pump only for pistol?

Pumping up a pistol like the Artemis Pp700 is so easy it brings tears of joy to my eyes. The TalonP (heftier pistol) was also not bad but about 2-3x as much work. If you do a lot of testing and refilling every day you may eventually find yourself getting some repetitive stress going on on your wrists and forearms especially if you're in your later years. So picking up the gun and topping it off at any given time is easy for me. But if you are doing multiple refills from empty, because you're degassing changing the regulator or something like that... you will get tired.

After eight months of strictly hand pumping both bottle gun rifles and tube and bottle pistols, I was getting some signs of wear and tear on my wrist joints. pain that was annoying through the day

Needed to get a compressor to give my joints time to recover for a bit.

artemis (tube) 45 pumps max to top off

talon p (small bottle) 60-90 pumps to top off I think. 

Gets harder as pressure claims so your fill pressure target is a big factor. Hand pumping from 3000 to 4000 ain't the same as going from 2000-3000. Getting up to 4000 psi feels much harder on the hand pumps as well I feel like it's more likely to wear out. I don't even know if I weight enough (175lb) to pump up to 4500.

So honestly I hand pump rifles as well as pistols. It won't be great if you have a big bore but for 177 and 22 rifles it's not too bad. Pump it up for 10 mins and get 60 to 100 shots. I have 2 giant air tanks and a compressor and I still hand pump when I'm I'm topping of my pest control guns or even just for short plinking sessions. Where the hand pump gets annoying is when you are working on the gun and you have to shoot it alot for groups or data and then you have to pump it in the middle of shooting. Anyway just my 2 cents. Some people hate pumping but I don't mind. 

So honestly I hand pump rifles as well as pistols. It won't be great if you have a big bore but for 177 and 22 rifles it's not too bad. Pump it up for 10 mins and get 60 to 100 shots. I have 2 giant air tanks and a compressor and I still hand pump when I'm I'm topping of my pest control guns or even just for short plinking sessions. Where the hand pump gets annoying is when you are working on the gun and you have to shoot it alot for groups or data and then you have to pump it in the middle of shooting. Anyway just my 2 cents. Some people hate pumping but I don't mind.

Ditto