• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand pump force multiplier

I need a way to get higher pressure out of my Benjamin hand pump. I can currently obtain 2000 psi, but 3000 is my goal. I weigh 185 pounds and place nearly all my weight on the handle but poop out before 3k. Has anyone built a force multiple for their hand Pump? I want to be able to easily remove the pump for transport into the field too..
Does anyone have a Design? Yeah I know a electric pump or a tank would be the ticket, but I'm a cheapskate and would rather have a new Royale or Texan!
Thanks, yoopper

Some folks end up building motorized contraptions to do the pumping, but you're just delaying the inevitable. Pumps, boosters, and tanks start at about $350. The lower the price paid, the less the capabilities, and the more frustrating they are. While you won't like my advice, start saving for that high-pressure source you're going to need sooner than later.

Hand pumps are NOIT all the same. 
My FX genII would easily pump to 260 bar ( weighing 135lb)
Next FX pump seemed a bit harder.
Now have a $100.00 Chinese pump ( no name purchased from FD) which will pump to 4,5000psi - dead head on hose- w/out trouble and in normal ranges , to 3,000psi, it is MUCH easier to pump with then either of the FX pumps were.

I tried one Benjamin pump one time, it wasn't working correctly in my opinion, had to hold it in the up and then down position a good long while to pump.

Any other shooters near you with a hand pump?

Know you need more airguns but with all the new boosters & pumps igt's just on e less airgun to make your own air at home.

John

Proper technique is huge. Drop your body weight by bending your knees, letting your butt drag your torso down on top of the handle. Keep your back straight and lock your elbows. Use momentum to carry the stroke to the bottom.. don't push with arms until almost stuck, then throw the body into the stroke. Your thighs are a lot stronger than your shoulder.