Hand pump for a Benjamin Marauger 25

These work really well. Hit me up if you have any problems with it down the road.

In today's PCP world there is absolutely no reaso to buy a High dollar pump,...your -/+ 50 bucks pump will do just great and if you really want to spend 100 bucks or 150 just buy 2 or 3 of them so you can rotate while filling ( around 25 strokes per pump ) they'll never get hot that way and will last a very, very long time.

Echoing what has been said above, just get a cheapo on Amazon with a Foster quick disconnect. I would also get a cheap filter on Pyramid Air for the water and screw it and tip it upside down so the moisture evaporates between fills. You probably already know but handpumps are less than ideal and are mainly used for an easier, more affordable entry into the sport. And no shame in that. Many I know still use them a decade in too! They do have problems associated with them, obviously, such as oring failures and moisture issues. Do not over pump and stop when the tube is warm to the touch and then give it a chance to cool again. I would recommend getting an affordable one that can be repaired (you will have to look at the reviews).

Last thing about filters: don't get a large Tuxing type compressor filter for a handpump. This will be counterproductive as the volume of the filter will increase the net pumps (filter+reservoir) and hence introduce even more friction and moisture into the entirety of the system. So stick with a small filter is all.

The ideal is a tank or a good compressor with a filter system, but we live in the real world and for a Marauder a handpump will get you shooting.

Best of luck,
-Atlas Airguns Podcast

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you starting at 0 psi? I’ve never hand pumped that big of tank before. I myself would still be pumping by the time the compressor was delivered. But I’m lazy and out of shape.
They say pump about 50 deliberate strokes and let pump cool 15 minutes and go again.
A good reason to have 2 hand pumps. While the first one is cooling, connect and pump with the second one.

Something else I do is after I release the pressure and disconnect the hand pump after 30-50 pumps (especially with just one hand pump), I slowly pump it to draw in cool air to aid in cooling. This is done very slowly, but there is no heat buildup because their is no pressure being created. I do it a few times with the release valve open, then close the release valve, and do it several more times blowing the air through the fill line. I am not sure, but I think this also reduces the amount of moisture retained in the pump.

Again, all this is doing is introducing cooler air to the inside of the hand pump. Unless you do it REALLY fast, it will help to cool the pump. JFYI (smile)

Slow and steady wins the race. (grin)

p.s.

I never pump outdoors in summer when the dew point and RH (DP/RH) are high. The A/C reduces the moisture in the air considerably, so I always pump indoors during the high humidity months. I have several hygrometers inside because I smoke cigars, so I know when the DP/RH is as low as it will get with the A/C. Right now, I have fans in the windows and the DP/RH is lower than I ever see with my A/C. (smile)

Last edited: