Hand pump for a Benjamin Marauger 25

Depends how many shots you take from full,
airtank size means nothing, it's all about how many shots you take between re-filling
It also has to do with how efficient your tune/airgun is with air. With my .177 Fortitude (shooting ~12-14fpe), I can shoot 30+ shots and pump about 30+ times. That INCLUDES the pumps it takes to fill the feed line as well. I guess I am lucky that this suits my needs for my back yard pesting very well. (see signature)

I could most likely shoot up to 90 consistent shots before they started to get inconsistent (fps), but I choose to pump back up after around 30 shots because it takes less than 5 minutes from taking out the pump until I put it back in the closet. AND, the pump never gets hot at no more than 30-40 pumps max. Warm? Yes. But never hot enough to damage O-rings.

Oh, and I never get hot enough to break a sweat! (grin)

So, if you are shooting a higher caliber and/or shooting at higher velocity than that, you will have to pump (hand pump or compressor) more often. If you don't have your PCP tuned to maximum efficiency, which it most likely will not be if you are looking for maximum power as the goal, then you will be pumping much more.

For me and what I do (pesting in my back yard with relatively low powered .177), hand pumps work just fine. For YOU, it may be a totally different story and you MAY NEED a compressor.

This reply was actually intended for the OP. (grin)

Last edited: