• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hand pump advice needed

I must be a complete weirdo. Since I’ve gotten into pcp these are the kind of things I’ve read. I am 185 lbs by far not a huge guy and pumping to 3000 is literally nothing. I regularly fill to 250 bar and find it nowhere near what is being described here. Maybe 20 lbs makes all the difference 🤷‍♂️. I guess I would recommend a scba bottle or compressor.
Try over 4000 psi it will take almost all your weight leaning on the handle with a Hill MK3. Other newer pumps are easier at high pressures but move less air per pump.

Works fine for me🤷‍♂️
@Sqwirlfugger57 blessed me with it to pump my first pcp pistol🤗
Each pump moves the needle about a bar and a half on the gauge. The first few pumps are get the pressure built up in the hose and air chambers so you don't see your gauge move right away. I've only empty EMPTIED my slinger once. But from zero to full was only about 4 and a half minutes of slow pumps

20230222_125451.jpg

20230202_171942.jpg

20230202_171926.jpg

20230202_171906.jpg

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Not certain if this helps but I'm similar age and weight. I'm using a Four Uncles ($55ish) pump and can do 3000 psi in an Avenger (180 cc) without too much effort. I do "20-pump" sessions and wait about 5 minutes in between. I have one foot on pump and one back and put my body into it for the last 500/600 psi or so. I also have the YH compressor but this is handy in my den/room.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1