• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hammerli 850 22 - Target or Varmint, this CO2 rifle gets the job DONE! - Review

I’ve been a fan of the Hammerli 850 Air Magnum for many years, but I’ve never shot the .22 caliber version. That was until now. I’m very impressed with the accuracy at 25 yards and the fact that I’m getting up to 13 FPE with most pellets that I’m testing. If you are target shooting on a budget and want PCP accuracy without the costs of all the supporting equipment to fill them, then this rifle may be a great option for you.

Man it’s a great time to be an airgunner!!!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/258711809

The 850 is one of my favorite guns.. I've had a .177 for years. I'm really glad to try out the .22. I like it better. The action is basically the same as the Rotek and the MaximaThor. It just works.. and there's no reason to change it. Not sure that I'd want to convert it to PCP with guns like the Gauntlet right there at the $300 price point. I like the co2 option for just shooting without having to think about where to get HPA.

Anyway, thanks for watching. I'm glad you all liked the video.

Cheers

Rick

Hey Rick,
Nice Video for the Hammerli 850 and pellet variety. Ouch! on the $110 CO2 adapter.
When I purchased my first 850 in Nov 2007 it was the 22 cal.. I was so impressed, that in Jan 2008 I purchased another one in .177.
These are such remarkable Air Rifles and the Only ones that I have a pair of.
However the 12gm carts were a problem for me. Too quickly empty. So I went online to B&A Associates and purchased a pair of their "AS to PB" adapters to screw onto the ends of my 'Reusable' 88gm cylinders. These adapters allow one to unscrew the tubes and not lose all the CO2 upon doing so.
I also purchased brass adapters that allow me to 'Reuse' the empty tubes by connecting them to my 2.5 lb CO2 (bulk fill) and filling them to the Measured 88 gm full weight.
All of the technicals are addressed on the old YF under the '850 Store' Tab. in the 'Search' field. There is more tech info listed there. It is the original source of this rifle and it's ramifications. 
Glad to hear not everyone has forgotten the Benchmark of Modern CO2 Air Rifles from Deutschland..
doug,P.

Hey there Doug,

I use the same adaptors on my old 88 gram bottles and use standard paintball 20oz co2 bottles to fill them. Works awesome. But for ease of use for the uninitiated in bulk filling co2, I really like the adaptor. Yes it's expensive, but so are those darn 88 gram disposable cylinders if you are just buying them and tossing them. what I'd love to see.. is someone take a QD fitting and make it fit on the end of one of the disposables to make it refillable while on the gun.. Get a Benjamin co2 bulk fill system to go from a paint ball bottle to the gun and you are all set. Anyway.. does not matter how you cut it, the Hammerli 850 is a great gun that does not get the press it deserves anymore. Still one of my all time favs.

Cheers
Rick