Hammer weight stuck in Hammer?

Thanks, Andy-
Pop it out as JPHEF had described, snd look over the outside rim of the weight and inside of the hammer, for gouging. You’ll have to polish the hammer weight and possibly the hammer inside tunnel till you can slide the weight back and forth and feel no “catching” of any kind.

On Andy’s hammer weight assembly I put a very thin coat of nickel anti seize around the rim edge of the hammer weight.
If you choose to do the same make sure it is a very thin coat as greases and lubes can affect velocity spreads.

So to the wildcat, crown, maverick and any owners of the fx block design guns, pointing your muzzle up then down and hearing a clunk at the rear is a good thing, as that hammer weight is free floating. When you don’t hear that clunk you have a seized up and stuck hammer weight inside the hammer.

Good luck

These FX guns,......good for nothing :LOL:
This StreamLine is VERY accurate and really easy to work on. I know that someone before this Owner piled a lot of Moly paste in it at some point!
I cleaned all that out on a re-seal I did a few months ago. So I figure I missed some metal grit some where that locked the hammer weight.
I never charged to re-seal it and ain't chargeing but parts this time. We're installing a Titanium Valve and hardened Valve pin this time around.
I also installed a Huma Reg last time. To double check the Huma? I ordered a Huma Regulator Tester!
I'm not gonna Guess or Hope Huma's markings are absoluty perfect! I've had problems with them before.

Chucked parts into drill press and hit them with 400 grit Wet/dry sand paper.
As a final step I used Mothers Chrome polish as I plunged the Hammer up and down on the Hammer Weight.
All free and smooth working now!
I'm gonna burnish in some Moly now and call it fixed
I'd normally use the Lathe but I have some parts coming for it.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with a Maverick, appear to be the same hammer by the schematics. I used a smaller brass rod to knock it loose with a hammer. I held the hammer and the brass rod on the weight head through the side slot while someone else hit the rod with a ball peen, popped loose with one hit.
I also had that issue with my Maverick, the hammer weight was galled horribly, as I found out when I FINALLY convinced it to separate after disassembly, a lot of deburring, polishing and more polishing on both the hammer and the hammer weight got things working well again. I would like to thank the Dremel company for making good tools.

This StreamLine is VERY accurate and really easy to work on. I know that someone before this Owner piled a lot of Moly paste in it at some point!
I cleaned all that out on a re-seal I did a few months ago. So I figure I missed some metal grit some where that locked the hammer weight.
I never charged to re-seal it and ain't chargeing but parts this time. We're installing a Titanium Valve and hardened Valve pin this time around.
I also installed a Huma Reg last time. To double check the Huma? I ordered a Huma Regulator Tester!
I'm not gonna Guess or Hope Huma's markings are absoluty perfect! I've had problems with them before.
I was just kidding around,...one guy even gave me a thumb down for my joke :LOL: :LOL: gotta love it