AirMaks Arms Hammer spring

While testing a few pellets I decided to adjust the H.spring to try and hit that sweet spot on my Krait. I had no trouble with the Katran so what could go wrong? Here we go again 🙄 running the Huma reg in my Krait at 110 and shoots JSB18's at 895, perfect right, so wanted to try the Redesign's, speed drops to 780. No problem just adjust the H Spring, slight adjust clockwise and it drops to like 590! What?? So I try a few more adjustments going both ways and finally get it back to 780ish and call it good. Now the hammer Spring was never adjusted a full half turn either way so ?? Kinda at a loss here. Like to try a heavier pellet in hopes of bucking the breeze better and maybe 780 is going to do it but need a weather change to see at distance and that will be awhile. Let me know if I'm off track here and should just leave well enough alone or??
Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,
Sounds as if the gun was almost maxed out at original setting (JSB18's@895). In PCP's, attempting to go beyond the gun max velocity (at a given set- point) using the H.A.S. does in fact reduce velocity - this is normal and to be expected(y).

If you want to shoot MRD's at higher velocities, you will likely need to increase the regulators set-point in the neighborhood of 120/130 bar.

However, going back to the JSB18's will require a reduced H.A.S. setting to get you back down to 895 fps. You may not have enough adj. flexibility?
Hence, you may need to fiddle with the gun's set-point so that both velocities can be achieved with your H.S.A. range.

These issues represent to joys to tuning PCP's .............. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: joelayfield
Hey Greg,
Sounds as if the gun was almost maxed out at original setting (JSB18's@895). In PCP's, attempting to going beyond the gun max velocity (at a given set- point) using the H.A.S. does in fact reduce velocity - this is normal and to be expected(y).

If you want to shoot MRD's at higher velocities, you will likely need to increase the regulators set-point in the neighborhood of 120/130 bar.

However, going back to the JSB18's will require a reduced H.A.S. setting to get you back down to 895 fps. You may not have enough adj. flexibility?
Hence, you may need to fiddle with the gun's set-point so that both velocities can be achieved with your H.S.A. range.

These issues represent to joys to tuning PCP's .............. ;)
I was thinking that might be my issue. Thank you...