Tuning Hammer owners be careful

So I went to cock my hammer today and this happened. Yeah, I pulled a little hard, but not THAT hard!

F8484A00-FB57-4717-BA96-7ACDD6090592.1643865614.jpeg

Frikin A, that ticked me off!!

Anyone know if that piece is threaded? Hoping I can maybe use an easy out, unless it’s some kind of pin?
Talk about under engineering something, it’s small and apparently really soft. 

If the bolt is not bottomed out you can take a gouge. A tool similar to a small chisel . Make a dent in end of bolt on the side. Carefully tap on small gouge with a small hammer till it comes loose.

Or if you can center punch the bolt in the exact center. Use a left handed drill bit smaller than the bolt. A left handed bit will sometimes grab the bolt and screw it out. If this doesn’t happen. Use an easy out. But that is very hard with such a small machine bolt.

You could cut a slot in bolt with a dremmel cutting disc and use a small flat head screw driver to get it out.

I don’t know if it is a bolt or pin. The best way to find out is find a print and check part number description.

just trying to help. MM

I managed to back the broken bolt out of the hole by pushing on the edge with a small flat blade screwdriver. It took a while, it moved a little at a time or I slipped quite often. It finally came out though.

I replaced it with a 3” 5mm stainless screw from Ace hardware and I added some washers to it. It works fine. We were heading out to hunt and I didn’t have time to come up with a more elegant solution yet.

E961A60B-222D-46F5-B9A7-E1EAFB7414EB.1645421473.jpeg